Fontainbleau State Park

Fontainbleau State Park is a 4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mandeville, Louisiana that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

fly fishing

sea kayaking

Cane Bayou is the perfect bayou for anyone looking to get off the beaten path when in New Orleans. Just an hour north of New Orleans, Cane Bayou takes you through the brackish marsh with lots of good fishing holes, straight to the salt water of Lake Pontchartrain. Birders will love the Osprey and Horned Owl's nests. Nature lovers will enjoy seeing alligators in their natural habitat. Rent a kayak and get some bait from Bayou Adventure in Lacombe and you'll be set for the day! If you want to do one of the many land trails in this vicinity, you can rent bikes from Bayou Adventure also.

Went a while back, I usually hike at tunica so this was very different. I felt like I could've done this in the woods behind my house. It wasn't the worst trail but def not the best. Very overgrown, kind of run down. Make sure you bring bug spray! Great if you are preparing for a big hike.

The trails were nice, a bit overgrown so I wish I had worn pants or tall socks and shoes. Saw one snake but it was gone as quick as it came. There was a tree down blocking the trail into the deepest part of the woods so I wasn't apply to hike the whole thing. I'll definitely be back but when the heat isn't so bad and all the creepy crawlies aren't out.

Very muddy this go. Also there was a massive swarm of bees about 1 mile in on the Bayou Cane Trail. So large I heard them before I saw them. Please beware

Did the shorter Sugar Mill Trail due to the 90 degree weather. Looks like they are rebuilding the Alligator Marsh Boardwalk!

The trail is a very easy loop. The board walk is no longer there, I never had the chance to see it. If you follow the paved road the the lake, there is a small beach, and a pier. It was only a few dollars to get in.

very nice and easy. great for kids. love how all of the trees and such are labeled. the Oaks are amazing and we always enjoy having a picnic there.

Great park. Camping is good (can be loud on weekends). Tiny beach is a nice spot to relax and bring a cooler, although I wouldn't swim in the water. I would skip the hiking trails altogether. They are not kept up well and were kind of ruined since Katrina (although they may have fixed them within the last year or so). The Tammany Trace bike trail crosses through park. Def a nice day trip.