Driskill Mountain Trail

Driskill Mountain Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bienville, Louisiana that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

It's a very lovely hike. easy to moderate.

My son and I hiked the trail without any trouble. It was definitely easy; great for a short day hike! Most of the trail was clearly marked, making navigation super easy. Once you reach the summit, there is a notebook for signing and a vista point!

Visted this trail again for the second time this year. This is a super-easy hike. There are two trails to choose from, the very gentle fire road trail and the slightly more difficult and enjoyable (to me) is the blue trail marked by blue blazes on the trees. To get to the blue trail, just look for the blue markings on the right of the fire road, near the trail head. It is safe to say, this trail offers "hikability" (I just made that up) to everyone of all ages. I'm pretty sure you could even get a wheelchair to the summit with a bit of effort. The views at the summit make you feel like you've left Louisiana.

Very easy hike to the highest peak in Louisiana. My wife and kids went as well and really enjoyed the hike.

My husband and I had a nice, snowy hike today to the highest peak in Louisiana while passing through the state. I would definitely describe this as “easy” and “over before you know it,” as it only took us 14 minutes from our car to reach the summit on the blue trail. Temps of 20 degrees felt nice a crisp.

Great hike close to home. We took our miniature dachshund along with us. Knocked this trail out after breakfast and was home by lunch. Got a bit turned around on an unmarked trail which added some distance to our hike. Did this during December when it was cooler so we got to enjoy our hike rather than be miserable with bugs/heat.

Easy hike up to the highest point in Louisiana. There is a notebook at the top for you to sign your name. The trail starts on the side of Mt Zion Church, it’s ok to park in the church parking lot.

Nice clean trail. Good exercise

Easy, but not bad for a afternoon hike... Bring bug spray

Nice hike before a Mississippi State football game. Hail State!

of course it's not the Smoky Moutains but for Louisiana it was a great hike. I thought the views were wonderful for LA. It's good for a relaxing afternoon hike.

Nice short trail to the high point in LA. Not that great of a view though. Trail is pretty well marked once you get to the actual hiking trail.

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Wanted to summit the highest point in La. the trail was good lots of wooded scenery. The lookout was beautiful to see across to other hills in the area didn't feel like Louisiana at all. A nice pick of and escape spot.
Trail was well marked. Wish there was a summit marker at top though. Also nice to go to Bonnie and Clyde museum in area.
WEAR BUG SPRAY!

Sunday, April 09, 2017

Easy trail, but good scenery and cool place to hangout by the summit.

Saturday, April 08, 2017

Really nice easy hike. Good for all skill levels

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Easy hike. 1.8mi is the round trip distance. Wide dirt road is easy to follow and marked with arrows. I did it with my 3 boys aged 9, 7, and 4. Bring some baubles for the geocaches. They've been stocked pretty well, and you will want to trade. The view isn't all that great along the way or at the summit, so 4 out of 5 stars.

Monday, March 13, 2017

Loved this hike! Has several trails that branch off, but we had no problem finding the summit. There are a couple fun geocaches here too!

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Awesome place to kill an hour or so. Seen a statue in a tree that I will post picture of, share your photos of him as well if you find him on the blue dot trail.

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Try and find a statue in a tree on the blue trail

Monday, January 09, 2017

Nice little hike to Louisiana's highest point! The only complaint is the trail markings. Though the trail is somewhat marked, it could be a little better. Great 20-40 minute round trip hike (includes time at peak).

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Yep, it's a pretty walk in the woods. Don't follow the blue blazes though. That trail is crooked and narrow and leads to nowhere except a false hilltop. Follow the wide and straight path and it will lead you to the right mountain top.

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Super-short trail through the woods. There are actually two options - one VERY clear path and the other marked by clear blue blazes on the trees. My husband, my dog and I had a great time! There was a tiny bit of mud in a couple places, but they were easy to get around without getting our feet wet.

Tuesday, April 05, 2016

It was nice but very short

Friday, March 18, 2016

Hiked this trail on 3/17/2016 Nothing to it ..Unless your in the area or just want to say you've been to the highest point in LA I would not suggest this trail.All you need is a bottle of water cause b4 you know it your at the top and back down. Although it would be nice to take a picnic, and sit on the bench and watch the sunset or sunrise. You park at the church, walk down the oilfield road and you will see a sign on which way to go...

Monday, March 07, 2016

Fun for the grandsons !!!!

Sunday, February 28, 2016

It's ok. I was at the top before I knew it...so it's not too long.

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Easy hike up to the top. I took my day pack but could have settled for just a bottle of water. I followed the blue blazes up the false mountain and then followed the main trail back down. it's a nice hike if you're in the area but I wouldn't make a special trip for it. Small but good view at the overlook. would be a good hike to introduce kids to hiking.

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Trail was clear looks like there are more trails. Wasn't prepared to do any exploring will go back and see where the trails lead

Saturday, August 08, 2015

Very easy well maintained trail to the highpoint. I would recommend it to anyone visiting the area, though I probably wouldn't do it again until winter (too many spiders, and I'm sure more bugs during the hot humid day). Nothing spectacular at the top (there is a bench, sign board, and a notebook to sign), though there is an overlook that I did not visit.

The trail is as follows:
Park at the church (Google Maps lists it as Driskill Church off LA507). There is an arrow pointing north up a private road.
Head up the road and after about .25 miles, on the left is a sign pointing towards the actual trail.
Follow the path and/or arrows to the top. (To visit the false peak, there is some overgrowth as the trail is not maintained).
To return, simply follow the same path down.

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Took my kids on the hike up Louisiana's highest peak in the Fall of the year. It was nice and cool and the view of the trees from the top (although small) was really unique for our typical landscape views. My teenage kids found a letter written to a deceased Father from his wife about their life together and left on the trail. She wrote about how she goes there to feel close to him since he enjoyed the place so much. Although bizarre, it added to the adventure of our outing.