Driskill Mountain Trail

Driskill Mountain Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bienville, Louisiana that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

geocaching

Easy hike. 1.8mi is the round trip distance. Wide dirt road is easy to follow and marked with arrows. I did it with my 3 boys aged 9, 7, and 4. Bring some baubles for the geocaches. They've been stocked pretty well, and you will want to trade. The view isn't all that great along the way or at the summit, so 4 out of 5 stars.

Loved this hike! Has several trails that branch off, but we had no problem finding the summit. There are a couple fun geocaches here too!

Awesome place to kill an hour or so. Seen a statue in a tree that I will post picture of, share your photos of him as well if you find him on the blue dot trail.

Try and find a statue in a tree on the blue trail

Nice little hike to Louisiana's highest point! The only complaint is the trail markings. Though the trail is somewhat marked, it could be a little better. Great 20-40 minute round trip hike (includes time at peak).

Yep, it's a pretty walk in the woods. Don't follow the blue blazes though. That trail is crooked and narrow and leads to nowhere except a false hilltop. Follow the wide and straight path and it will lead you to the right mountain top.

Super-short trail through the woods. There are actually two options - one VERY clear path and the other marked by clear blue blazes on the trees. My husband, my dog and I had a great time! There was a tiny bit of mud in a couple places, but they were easy to get around without getting our feet wet.

It was nice but very short

Hiked this trail on 3/17/2016 Nothing to it ..Unless your in the area or just want to say you've been to the highest point in LA I would not suggest this trail.All you need is a bottle of water cause b4 you know it your at the top and back down. Although it would be nice to take a picnic, and sit on the bench and watch the sunset or sunrise. You park at the church, walk down the oilfield road and you will see a sign on which way to go...

Fun for the grandsons !!!!

It's ok. I was at the top before I knew it...so it's not too long.

Easy hike up to the top. I took my day pack but could have settled for just a bottle of water. I followed the blue blazes up the false mountain and then followed the main trail back down. it's a nice hike if you're in the area but I wouldn't make a special trip for it. Small but good view at the overlook. would be a good hike to introduce kids to hiking.