For a limited time only, save 30% on a year of AllTrails Pro!
Get Started
Learn more

Comite Park Trail is a 4.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Baton Rouge, Louisiana that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length 4.9 mi Elevation gain 85 ft Route type Loop

Photos (108)
Recordings (308)
Completed (372)
Elijah Ozuna
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 4, 2020
Mountain biking

Trail is great many challenging obstacles great for beginners banana spiders were plentiful I visit this trail often and recommend lots of water and some snacks

mitch france
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 19, 2020
BugsOff trail

Temps between 79-85. Trail was dry and well maintained. Mosquitos were out and banana spiders also.. Went off trail once and had to back track. I suggest a gps or All Trails gps app for the first time. My highlight was Comite River which I added a way point for the spur to right of the trail. Overall, its a moderate trail with some ups and downs and challenging due to length.

Francisco Irizarry
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 18, 2020
View Francisco's Recording
Mike Snyder
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 18, 2020
Hiking

The hike was great. You just have to be mindful of spiders and cyclists.

Scott Behnke
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 16, 2020
HikingBugsMuddy

Passing through travel from Florida. Solid trail, but covered in big Black and Yellow Spiders some as big as 3 inches lengthwise. Other than that great trail but didn’t get to explore very long, got rained out

Brandy Boutte
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 7, 2020
HikingBugsMuddy

We just finished up a hike. We were the only people there & we loved every minute of it! The trail itself was pretty visible. Some parts were super muddy and held water. There was some bugs, but the OFF deep woods took care of that. Not a deal breaker however, the amount of Banana spiders we had to duck, dodge & squat for gave us one heck of an ab/ glutes work out! They were all over the place. For the most part we enjoyed every minute of the hike. Next time, we’re gonna try to make it to one of the beaches.

Jillian Benoit
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 4, 2020
Running

lots of bikers. everyone was super communicative and friendly

View Jillian's Recording
Madison Lewis
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 2, 2020
Hiking

We took all 5 of our kids for a first hike here, because of this app. I myself completely enjoyed this, but our kids range from 12 - 3. Overall they really enjoyed it, it was great exercise for everyone and something fun but different we could do to get out of the house! We did however try to find the water, so when we saw a glimpse we followed that trail to the right, taking us off the hiking trail and on the biking trail. We saw some beautiful views this way though! We did have to come up by a little bridge and finish our walk along the main road because of this. But all in all! I really enjoyed it and was able to get a bunch of photos! I’m so excited for my next hike! I will be sharing my photos on my Instagram: Mrs.diiiirtyy

Caren Sebastian-Meche
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 26, 2020
HikingBugs

My favorite short trail in Louisiana so far! Marked off well, cleared, just some horse flies.

View Caren's Recording
Hunter Trahan
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 2, 2020
HikingBugs

Well maintained trails with some elevation changes to keep things interesting. Best for biking but expect some challenges. The hiking is good too but there are horse flies. However there's lots of mushrooms and wildlife to look at.

Kevin S
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 31, 2020
Mountain biking

these trails were awesome...I am early stages of intermediate and they were great for me....flow, berms, jumps, steep hills....lots of fun and lots to explore...trails go all over the place...even a cool dirt bowl with hills and jumps in the middle of it.

View Kevin 's Recording
Lauren Whisenand
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMay 30, 2020
Hiking

Different kind of experience with the narrow trails and overhead canopy. Canopy helps to keep it cool. I think this would be a great place to learn to mountain bike. The biting flies were a bit annoying, but that’s on us for not having insect repellent. A nice hike near B.R.

View Lauren's Recording
Sean McAllister
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 30, 2020
HikingBugsNo shade

Great trail with lots of twists and turns, so definitely use the AllTrails app if possible. Bugs got my legs but that’s my fault for not spraying there enough! Saw a snake slithering on the trail so pay attention. All in all, fun little trail ducked off in North B.R.

View Sean's Recording
Katherine Alexander Kelly
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMay 18, 2020
Hiking

A great day hike! There are signs indicating how the get to the beach which was very convenient and unexpected and the trail itself was well marked and easy to follow. There were a lot of cars in the parking area but the trail is long enough that you seldom run into other people which was nice

Claire Choquette
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 17, 2020
Hiking

A beautiful gem tucked away just outside the city. A mess and web of trails in a swampy, buggy, beautiful wooded area with sandy riverside beaches. Hiking in reverse is advised; there are many mountain bikers and it’s helpful to see them coming. Highly recommend. Bring bug spray and a swimsuit!

View Claire's Recording
Tanya Michel
Hiking

This is a great trail. It was clear with a reasonable amount of hikers and bikers. It is a great trial of you are trying to step up from easy to moderate. Thanks BREC for a fun and safe outdoor experience! There is a great section called the bowl for bikers!

View Tanya's Recording
Idaho Eagle
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMay 10, 2020
Hiking

How on earth could ANYONE call this a hike?... much less a beautiful hike. I've yet to find any trail in Louisiana to be a nice, beautiful hike. Louisiana is a trashy, humid dump.

Edward Hebert
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMay 2, 2020
Hiking

Shady walk with sime mild hills. Woodsy, swampy terrain. went with wife and adult daughter. Took 1.5 hours to complete loop at comfortable pace.

Lilly Richard
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarApril 18, 2020
HikingBugsOff trail
View Lilly's Recording
Jack Reiss
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarApril 10, 2020
HikingBugsMuddyOver grown
View Jack's Recording
Max Miller
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 5, 2020
View Max's Recording
Ed Knight
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMarch 27, 2020
Mountain bikingMuddy

A little muddy to start but good overall.

View Ed's Recording
Ashleigh Bickham
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMarch 26, 2020
Mountain biking

Good mountain bike / hike trail. Easy & more challenging offshoots. Super shaded.