Comite Park Trail

Comite Park Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very nice hike for me and Renee. We only encountered one snake the whole time we were out there. Would recommend this one to everyone

Wonderful long trails and some elevation add interest to the hike. Make sure you bring a map, when we went the markers were missing on some of the trees, but the trail itself was still easily distinguishable. (This may have been aftermath of the August flooding) There is a nice beach area by the river that is accessible right off the trail. Also, make sure to watch out for the bikers, they seem to come out of nowhere rather quickly due to the winding trails.

I love this trail because of the little beach that you can hike to. I went with my boyfriend and my dog. It was an easy trail to hike and were able to find the beach easily. We went on a Saturday morning/afternoon. There were quite a few people parked in the lot. It was mostly bikers so you have to pay attention on the trail. We did see some birds and a snake. The beach was nice, but there is trash and broken bottles.

great scenery

Fun trail...next time use the bikes

Good time, loved it

I just "hiked" a good portion of the Comite Park Trail (3/3/17).
I've used this trail many times in the past on a mountain bike, which the trail system is geared for (pun intended), but this was my first time hiking it. We followed the advice at the trailhead and hiked in the opposite direction of the bike traffic so we looked for signs that read "WRONG WAY". It was a very pleasant experience hiking this system and because it is used for bicycles the paths are very easy to follow and as long as you hike the "wrong way" you should be able to follow this trail through the whole loop. Since I'm somewhat familiar with the system I did venture on to the side trails which made my experience a little more adventurous. Being a bike trail this system it's not the best for hiking but because it's in such a small area the trails are always changing directions, and to me that makes it fun. We hiked for about two hours on a cool morning. We saw a few snakes, spiders, frogs, birds and other amphibious animals. Unfortunately we were never clear from the sound of traffic which is my only complaint. Kudos to BRAMBA (Baton Rouge Area Mountain Bike Association) for keeping the trail up in excellent condition. (I'm posting cell phone photos)
I would advise against taking young kids here mainly because of the mountain bike riders. They ride the trail fast and they're focused on the trail directly ahead of them, a young child could get hurt. It would be nice if BRAMBA would hang a few markers for hikers, this would help prevent accidents and to clear up confusion as to where a hiker can "hike".

First trail I've done and I love hiking! I'll be back to this one. Lots of different pathways you can branch off onto.

Dogs are welcome! Just need to pay attention to where you are! Lots of paths.