Comite Park Trail

Comite Park Trail is a 4.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Baton Rouge, Louisiana that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.9 miles Elevation Gain: 85 feet Route Type: Loop

beach

Went today a lot of the trail signs are down or wrong. People moving them around. We went last year and had a blast but today we spent most of time trying to find the trails and not getting lost.

A bit swampy and lots of bugs flying in ur face, up your nose, in ur hair etc... Gets muddy pretty easily. It’s mostly a bike trail as well. But the way its over grown above the paths is pretty cool. You are def IN nature to say the least. And lots of different winding trails off the main path, so it was still enjoyable.

For the Baton Rouge surrounding area, this is a great trail for hikers. Would definitely recommend. Moderate trail, good for trail running due to shade. Managed to cover a lot of ground and different parts of the trail in 6+miles. Travel in reverse of bikers and bypass the muddy areas post rain. Only a couple of bikers during the week mid day, great for hiking. Minimal wildlife, but at 90 degrees- expected.

I love this trail because of the hills and if I was a biker this is the best bike trail around. It's a 5 mile trail so I don't recommend it for kid's under 5 years old.

Great trail and very well kept! Ran in reverse, 2 loops, phone died on 2nd using app tracker, so may try downloaded map next time without recording. Heads up for bikers but really wasn’t bad. A few spider webs on first loop, but not bad yet, guess because weather is still cool. Highly recommend the trail for all levels!

Decent trail. Well-traveled, but mostly a trail meant for bikers. We had to stop several times to allow mountain bikers to pass. The trail is very poorly marked and (as other reviews have stated) has several places where the trails fork into several paths. After 2.6 miles we found ourselves back at the trailhead, not knowing that we had diverged and taken a shortcut. Only wildlife = mosquitos are back in action!

Elevation gain according to watch = 145ft. Hiked at the end of January. Squirrels and birds were about it on this trip. No bugs. Trail itself is great. Not overgrown at all. Since this is used as a bike trail, it’s lacking the markers for hiking. It has a few but not enough. Some at the beginning (technically the end for bikes) and some at the end where the shortcut cuts through. If you want to hike the long route, heading toward any “trailhead” sign before mile 2 will be the shortcut. There’s yellow markers for the shortcut, but I wasn’t aware those were specifically for that and ended up back at the trailhead. I went back in a second time determined to complete the 5 miles.. There were several areas that forked or even split into 3 routes with no direction on which is the actual trail. The red lined trail on this map was helpful since I did have cell service, but even areas on that route were not fully accurate or confusing with all the side trails. One could easily get lost and end up hiking way more than intended.

Great trails! They do need to clean the bench area at the point.

It’s a pretty sick spot, I saw what appeared to be cougar tracks. When I go back I’m definitely going to bring a knife/bear spray just to be safe

Love this trail. A Mountain bike trail very well kept and / but much travelled. Be aware of the mountain bikers and travel the trail in reverse like they suggest. Scenery is great and overlooks the River at one point.

My husband and I had great runs on this trail! We run separately due to speed differences and both got off trail and turned around in different spots. I would like to see more trail markers for newbies like myself but getting turned around just adds to the experience. We live close, we will revisit this trail many times! This trail is not stroller friendly but is kid friendly.

awesome trail for hiking or offroad

Great place !! Fun trails .. Beach trail is a plus!! Kid friendly !!

I live local to the track. Has plenty for all kinds of riders. Plenty trails and pretty well kept up. Recommend over most trails in Louisiana!!

It’s a great hike/workout! Please do respect the bikes, if you hear them coming towards you, step out of the way!! Enjoy!

Well maintained, nice trail.

I’ve hiked and bike here many times. Excellent for Louisiana! Close to BR. Recommended for a local hike and/or challenging single track mountain biking.

well maintained single track. no problems with spider webs or biting bugs (used 25% deet). Signs directed me to run opposite direction which made getting out of the way of mountain bikers easy. the trail can be a little confusing at times with lots of little cut in trails feeding in and out to the main trail. i stayed pretty true but got turned around a few timed. i was quickly able to get back on track. will try and run again soon.

Super dope, would highly recommend to anyone trying to go outdoors and especially for beginners MTB. Has a variety of tracks to go on.

Friday, July 13, 2018

Tuesday, June 05, 2018

Great trail and one of the only MTB trails in the state. Good with hardtail or F/S.

Friday, May 25, 2018

Loved all the turns and things to do on this trail. I was pleasantly surprised from coming from Arkansas. However, the horseflies ruled the roost the whole time. God forbid I slowed down or stopped for water. They attacked in numbers. Being repellant, wear some long sleeves or going when it’s cooler outside.

Friday, May 25, 2018

Walked the trail two days in a row with my dogs. Weekdays at 9am. Only a few other cars; bikers; runners and walkers. Never saw them again, except in parking lot. My two dogs loved it. They broke off the leashes to chase a turtle and they ended up in a murky pond. So, we all used the hoses located at the trailhead to wash off the mud. First day 2 1/2 hours (I think I backtracked a bunch); second day 1 1/2 hours.

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

This is a great hike for Louisiana which is normally very flat and doesnt have a lot of hiking option. Because it's a mountain bike trail it has a lot of little hills and is is always interesting. I especially liked that there is a beach on the river to take a nice break. There is about 11 miles total of trail if you do every loop, although my pup and I did about 4 miles- it is easy to make it whatever hike you want, choosing which loops to do. There is even a shortcut trail (yellow markers) to cut off some of the loops. It can be confusing at times but it was fun and a good work out.