Caroline Dormon Trail

Caroline Dormon Trail is a 10.4 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Provencal, Louisiana. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, birding, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

Mostly flat and crosses over a few park roads.

My family and I had a blast on the trail.

Great trail I think. Only saw a few squirrels, no real wildlife. WATCH AS YOU HIKE. I almost walked into 30-45 big spiderwebs. Some big spiders there. As much as I watched, I still hit some and threw my pack off, very scary. If you stay at the Kisatchie bayou campground you can start there at the end of the trail at mi. 10 then go 3.5 miles to the road crossing and take left which is back towards the campground. It’s about 7 mile loop like that. Otherwise you’ll just hike to the start of it a long way from the campground.

Nice well marked trail, bathrooms at trailhead, no cell service on ATT or Verizon. Only saw a few other people on trail. Wear plenty of deet due to ticks.

Friday, February 12, 2016

Nothing spectacular. A few nice water features. Good hike to make mileage.

Thursday, January 21, 2016

This trail was ok. I just did the first 4 miles of the trailhead at FR 329 and had to turn around to go back to my car. It was basically just a walk in the woods. The trails are marked well so that was good.

Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Well marked, moderately difficult.

Friday, March 11, 2011

It's very large and very fun!

Monday, November 21, 2016