Black Swamp Trail

Black Swamp Trail is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Baton Rouge, Louisiana that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Fun wooded Trail with access to mosaic boardwalk and Barton arboretum

Love this trail. I take my dogs here on the weekend to avoid large groups of people/other dogs. We’re usually the only ones walking around which is perfect Bc they can roam and sniff freely as we get our daily mile (or two!) in. If it’s a particularly hot day, I’d recommend the Perimeter Trail...the trails in the brush get super humid...especially when we have days where the heat index is 100+

Really pretty area right in the middle of town. Shades trails are crushed rock and are not rutted. The only thing I would change is marking a single path that takes you around all the available paths. I was able to get almost 3 miles in with minimal repeat, but I had to guess where to go.

Considering it’s in the heart of Baton Rouge, it’s a great trail. My son, who is 6, was a trooper and walked the entire trail no problem. The boardwalk is a great change of scenery and had some pretty views. We saw some frogs, egrets, and a water moccasin. Pretty good outing for a February.

It is a gorgeous trail...right next to the interstate.We had to speak over the sound of the cars the entire time. If that doesn't bother you, go, it's beautiful. But if you are trying to get away from it all, this isn't really the place.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017