Arboretum Loop

Arboretum Loop is a 3.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Turkey Creek, Louisiana that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options.

Distance: 3.6 miles Elevation Gain: 216 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

Nice easy hike. Lots of signs describing the different trees and eco systems. Very nice welcoming center with friendly staff. The Louisiana State Arboretum is a preservation area, so no dogs or other pets are allowed and is foot traffic only.

Well marked trails with great sinage and scenery. It was very hot so bring plenty of water. My wife and I hiked the entire loop along with several of the smaller loops in a couple of hours. Bug spray is also a good idea. We saw a couple of deer, a group of wild hogs, an armadillo, squirrels, butterfiles, and a number of birds. We didn't see any snakes today.

Nice hike and well marked.. .You can add the Pawpaw loop for an extra mile where I saw a couple wild pigs

Great trail. Easy enough for children.

A must do!! Fantastic! You can spend HOURS here (as we did

Really nice trail with some hills. Lots of wetland and lowland areas. Did see some wild hogs out during the hike.

We hiked the trails on 01/12/2019. Great afternoon hike. It had rained the night before and that morning. The trails were dry for the most part. My feet stayed dry in low quarter walking shoes. There are nice facilities at both ends of the trails (nature center and Carol Darmon Lodge. The trails were well marked with signs describing the trees and various features and in great condition. I keep saying trails because the loop trail described here consist of several short trails. Add the PawPaw trail to the loop shown in the map above and you will have about 5.5 miles of trails. I agree with the easy rating for the trails but be aware that there are some hills. My Fitbit logged 38 “floors” or 380 feet of elevation increase.

Took a while to get out here but once I did it was great. The trail is for the most part clearly marked with some really worthwhile sites. I’m anxious to go back

Walked with dog. Easy trail, mosquitoes were out and about enjoyed the lake views.

Love this trail

love this little trail system it's good for some great exercise!

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

This was such a great trail. Our 7 and 3 (almost 4) year olds did a great job! It took us about 2 hours and 15 minutes. There was SO much to see on nice clearly marked trails. We saw deer, beetles, a variety of mushrooms, Christmas lichen (never seen that before), raccoon tracks, and wild berries. There were plenty of spots to sit and take a break. Even on a 90 degree day with 50% we really loved it. The nature center is a fun stop, bathrooms were nice, and the splash pad was the perfect way to end the day! We will definitely go again!

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Easy but hot!

Monday, July 31, 2017

Was a neat trail. Very humid! Seen a few hogs, two snakes, a lot of frogs, and insects!!

Sunday, May 07, 2017

Really easy hike around several different short trails. Lots of wildlife that's pretty used to people so you get great photos. Make sure to bring bug spray.

recorded Arboretum Loop