Yost Ridge Trail

Yost Ridge Trail is a 10.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fairdale, Kentucky that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail begins at the Welcome Center of Jefferson Memorial Forest and winds its way up a ridge to an awesome view of Louisvilles skyline. Continue on to Mitchell Hill Trail and the Horine Reservation. There is a spur trail that is under construction.

Was a beautiful spot to take the dogs. We all had a great time. We ended up doing about 12 miles because a few of the turns were not clearly marked. Had to keep bringing app up to make sure we were on the right path. Overall it was great and with all the hills, we all are going to be sleeping well tonight!

Great trail,only a couple areas in turns weren’t marked and had to check the gps, otherwise excellent, I’ll definitely be coming back in the summertime to see how different it looks.

I haven't done a trail yet at Jeff Memorial that I didn't enjoy. This one in particular is more difficult than some of the others.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

7 boy scouts and 5 adults hiked this trail. 10 miles. Senior scouts down to 1st year scouts had no trouble with this trail. Clean and well marked. Very nice.

Saturday, July 30, 2016

A good hike. A few blue and yellow blazes that were confusing. I know there is a Blue trail but I can't pin point where it is? Adding other trails to Yost Ridge makes for a full day of great local hiking!

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Steep but fun!

Monday, February 08, 2016

Went with my 3 and 5 year old boys. Uphill, but easy grade. We all enjoyed it!

Thursday, February 04, 2016

Easy access to trail from Visitor's Center, and a gorgeous walk any time of year.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pretty easy and enjoyable trail. I like to do this one with my sister, who has back problems, because it isn't too strenuous for her and yet it still quite fun to hike.

Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Excellent trail. Wasn't too strenuous, so very family friendly trail. Well marked and easy to find.

Friday, May 11, 2012

Terrific trail that is well maintained with nice elevation changes. I was perfect for me as I was on business trip and gave me a chance to do a quick one hour hike after work. Looking forward to exploring more trails within the Jefferson Memorial Forest.

Monday, April 10, 2017