Wilderness Lake Trail

Wilderness Lake Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Henderson, Kentucky that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

John James Audubon State Park 3100 US Highway 41 North Henderson, KY 270.826.2247

probably my favorite of thier trails, traverse ground, bridges, wooden walkways, lake view and wild life make this an interesting trek with a variety of views. Nothing to extreme but could be considered challenging for some.

Really enjoyed our hike to see fall color. Challenging enough to get the blood pumping.

I run this trail often, love it!

Had a good time walking with my family

Good Views, Kid Friendly, lots of places to take a break an enjoy some family outing time

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Very nice trail to hike...plenty of animals to see, also lots of fish and turtles seen in lake

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

This was my first adventure back from injuries and somehow we did this trail along with the back country trail. was beautiful and loved exploring as we went along.

Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Nice day hike for the family young and old. Plenty of places to sit and take a break and enjoy the scenery.

Monday, December 14, 2015

fairly easy hike, beautiful lake side views, moderate terrain. some areas under construction. nice for a local hike and affordable.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

This was the nicest trail that we hiked while out at the State Park. There are plenty of old grapevines growing up providing great canopy which was nice. It's also a change of scenery from your typical woodsy escapade. The walk down to the lake area was not strenuous at all and the kids liked being able to sneak down to the water.

Friday, May 17, 2013

One of my favorite trails at the park. Trail leads around the lake and over a couple bridges. A lot of wildlife on the trail. Deer, Birds, Turtles. Also will take you to the back country trail.

Thursday, May 09, 2013

Took my children to this trail to introduce them to hiking. Their excitement to be in the wood was astounding! We traveled combined with the back country trail (a little more than 3 mile) past the wilderness lake and through some moderately difficult hill. For being an ears shot away from hwy 41 and in the city of Henderson this trail offered some breath taking views. As for the kids they enjoyed it so much that I'm taking my two oldest on an overnight hike this coming weekend. It's all they've talked about for weeks now. This trail it's a great place to go when you only have a few hours to enjoy mother natures goodness. I recommend you give this one a try!

Thursday, September 06, 2012

This is an enjoyable trail that takes you down to to a wilderness lake. There is plenty of temperate forest that provides ample shade. I have see several deer, turkeys and turtles along the trail as well.

Thursday, February 09, 2012

The trail is a simple walk through the woods. Large Kentucky coffee trees, nice little lake, plenty of wildlife, saw turkeys, and deer. The Audubon museum is a must see.