Welch Mountain

Welch Mountain is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Berea, Kentucky that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and bird watching. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.2 miles Elevation Gain: 715 feet Route Type: Loop

I did this by myself unknowing what to expect. It can be a bit scary because some of the trails aren’t very well kept and you don’t know where to go. I had to use my phone to navigate me where to go. I feel like it a kept secret and no one really knows about it.

W/Lindsay and the boys. Some straight up inclines. Mileage is off the initial recording went back up the mountain for some reason. We only got 3.6 miles.

It’s very beautiful! I took my dog and she loved it. However a good portion of the trail is overgrown and there is no signage to direct you. Use caution.

Perfect get away when if you don’t like the crowds. Highly recommend the unofficial trail at the back side of the loop. It’s better maintained and has great views in the winter.

It is a good hikingtrail at the beginning. But if you get to the back end of the trail it gets a little hard to tell which trails well get you back to the parking lot, and which trails take you farther into the woods.