Veterans Park Outer Loop

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(67)
Veterans Park

Veterans Park Outer Loop is a 1.7 mile loop trail located near Lexington, Kentucky and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.7 miles Elevation Gain: 78 feet Route Type: Loop

Trail: 3 Stars. I give the trail only 3 Stars mainly because in my opinion the person who marked it did a rather poor job. The park has four different small trails, that occasionally cross over each other. The original trail marking involves several of the trails together, and it is rather difficult to follow to get credit for the trail. Trail is EASY, kid and pet friendly. Strollers will be limited to the walking track. Park: 4 Stars. The park is beautiful and the majority is very clean, there was some trash in the creek. There are a lot to explore for a city park. Would I hike it again: No. But I do plan to go back to the park in the future and hike some of the trails that I didn't hike today. Would I recommend it: Absolutely, especially for those in the Lexington area and they want to enjoy the outdoors for awhile.

I would recommend for families with pets and children with lots of hard road and off road trails and open fields.

Not bad for a city trail. So it's OK if you cannot get out of the city arena. Nicely forested with some field trails, so a good variety. The river is a little bit trashed, but it's in a city so I guess to be expected - too bad. Yes, lot's of disc golfing but you can get away from it even on the week-end.

Went the first week of June, sunny day around noon and I had a run in with a coyote

My dog and I walk this trail regularly and love it.

Mon Apr 08 2019

A lot of trash and debris. Not well maintained.

Sun Jun 17 2018

I love this trail!! Very very easy, nice views along the stream and many options to make the trail as long or short is you like!! This trail is awesome for kids, just be careful because this is also a bike trail. There are also areas to go into the shallow water to cool off. This trail is amazing for beginner hikers or if u just want to get out for a bit. We also take my dog and she loves to play in the water. Very clean and well maintained!!

Sun Jun 10 2018

not a bad place. short distance to get there and once you there if you feel like you kind of got away

Mon Sep 18 2017

I liked it. I will be back

Sun May 28 2017