Swift Camp Creek Trail

Swift Camp Creek Trail is a 10.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pine Ridge, Kentucky that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, and fishing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

1902 feet

Near the Red River Gorge

Just hiked this yesterday. I really enjoyed this trail. There were some good views, and found a nice spot to camp near the creek. The trail is not nearly as well traveled as some of the other well known trails. There are some spots that can get pretty tough. I would not recommend bringing kids.

excellent trail but I'd have to say that the rating of "hard" is a bit of a stretch! this is a solid intermediate trail.
hike to the creek (about 1.65 miles in), and cool down in the crystal clear water. even in July, the water was cool and refreshing.

Great trail.. I love camping down by the creek. Nothing better when laying in your hammock and trying to fall asleep with the sounds of rushing water.. Great trail for an experienced hiker. I agree with the other guy. Do not bring little kids or dogs. Plenty of water. :)

definitely not an easy trail. I repeat, do not bring your young child down this trail. it's around 7.5 miles one way of steep cliffs with narrow trails. many ups and downs. very technical with rocks/slippery roots/mud.

That being said. I loved the trail. if you're up for it it's great.

This is a fantastic trail. It has everything you could want: steep declines and inclines throughout; rugged terrain; crossing rivers; going under caves; jumping and climbing over fallen logs; narrow paths on the edge of cliffs. All the while, surrounded by stunning pines and wildlife. This hike does require a lot of attention to footing, particularly at the higher altitudes where there are more narrow paths on cliffs. I have only hiked it once and thoroughly enjoyed it. I only encountered two other sets of people while on the trail, so it seemed to be pretty isolated to me. It can be a bit easy to get lost given that some of the trail is less marked, and with fallen trees the path can be easy to miss if you aren't paying attention. I had to back track a few times to re-find the trail.

Make sure to pack enough water, packed snacks, and toiletries. Dress in layers! I recommend that you estimate 45 minutes to 60 minutes per mile in order to make sure you complete it before it gets dark. an FYI to dog owners- - I went with my very active and athletic dog. While he had a great time, he was struggling toward the end and tried several times to make a bed in the cool dirt for himself. There is a lot of jumping over logs for them -- make sure to pack plenty of water and ensure they are fit for the job!

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Love this trail. We like to go halfway and camp and then do the other half the next day. Real neat spot to camp near the river about halfway through the hike from the Rock Bridge side.

Friday, September 09, 2016

This IS NOT an Easy Trail!!!!!! This trail is much longer than 5 miles with very sheer drop offs. It's a beautiful trail that requires a lot of attention to footing.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Completed Swift Camp Creek Trail yesterday it was average 93 degrees outside and I would say 100% humidity. One of the toughest hikes I have experienced. This trail is about 8 miles point to point we went from rock bridge trailhead to swift camp creek trail head. Would not suggest this trail in the summer time. Lots of fallen trees from recent storm have mostly been cleared except a few. Lots of up and down killed my legs. Saw copperheads and ticks! Good luck!