Shakertown at Pleasant Hill Trail

Shakertown at Pleasant Hill Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Harrodsburg, Kentucky that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

My husband & I took our 2 & 3 yr olds on this trail and we all loved it. The waterfall at the end is even more beautiful in person. I really liked how the water at the fall was shallow enough for our kids to play in. At one point you cross the creek to get to the fall which is another opportunity to play in the water as well. The only downfall was trying to get directions to the trailhead. We had to ask several people after getting directions from the visitors center. This trail is actually called the Shawnee Run trail with the Fulling Mill waterfall at the end. The long version of the trail is about a 6 mile hike but you can opt for the shorter version which is about a mile in and a mile back out. Took us about 25-30 mins each way walking with & carring toddlers. Highly recommend this trail if you have small children or want a short trail with something pretty at the end to see.

Love the hiking trails. I feel like some trails are not labeled correctly for example the heritage trail is rated easy. I would say it’s more moderate.

These trails were so much fun!!! So beautiful and lots of options!!!! It was a little muddy and slick in some places but over all the trails are very well marked and there is so much to see. We took the whole family and it was easy enough for kids, most areas were stroller friendly (we have a running stroller with bike tires) and even though most time dogs are not aloud on the trails they aloud us to bring ours due to the horses not being out on the trails. I love that you can either make a whole day out of going and exploring or take shorter trails and just be out for a hour or so. There are so many options and so much to see!! One of our favorite hikes!!!

Fun trail!

I am out there a couple times a week. I know all 37 miles of trails and all 3000 acres by heart. It is a beautiful place with a lot of wildlife and scenery and waterfalls. You can see some of my pictures on my blog rebretired.wordpress.com, but I like to hike more than blog.

Great hike! Went there after a snow fall earlier in the week. Still a couple of inches on the ground!

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Easy to follow trails, nice hike to the waterfalls. Worth the trip.

Monday, May 29, 2017

Family hike. Joe, Hannah, and myself. Great day!

Thursday, April 06, 2017

Beautiful and great to enjoy with the kids!

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Very educational trail. Lots if history

Monday, September 14, 2015

Easy trail with mostly trees to look at. You can see the river and go on a boat ride. Beautiful rock formations.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Great trails from easy to difficult. Good places to park and trails are easy to follow.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Ran the longest trail today. The extreme cold made the muddy trails uncomfortable to run with all the hoof prints from equine trail use. Would love to try again when it's warmer outside. The loop trail had two water crossings that were impassable, making the intended six mile run into a twelve-miler when I had to backtrack and run the loop the other way. Beautiful forest and countryside. Definitely a good day on the trails.

Sunday, September 17, 2017