Scotts Gap Loop Trail

Scotts Gap Loop Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Louisville, Kentucky that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I like that this trail is not heavily trafficked and that it's a great workout. I usually only see deer and no people.

I combines this trail and the Siltstone for a training hike and found it to be a good challenge. Quiet with some nice views. The only issue I had was I did not find it as well marked as some of the comments say. There were not any other off shooting trails so, I just followed the path. This app is not accurate to the trail so maybe using one of the downloaded trails would work if this was a concern. If you go on a hot day, bring plenty of fluids. This little trail is a challenge!

Definitely deserves the moderate rating, it's very up and down. Nice and quite, only saw 1 other person and had a marvelous encounter with one of the local deer.

A beautiful trail, but too hard to be fun running, at least for me. Going counter-clockwise starts with a brutal climb, but then the trail....barely ever gives you a break. All uphill and downhill. I'll surely do it again as it is pretty, but it is beyond the capacity of most folks to "run" I feel.

My favorite trail in JMF. I enjoy the views along the ridge line going in early spring; later in the spring and early summer, views are obstructed by the tree leaves. Trail is difficult enough to be interesting (constant ups and downs) but not too difficult. The few times I've been out, I've seen only two people.

Very hilly, pretty hike through the woods. Almost 3.5 miles if you don't take the shortcut. If you go counterclockwise on the loop, you'll begin with a steep climb to the top of a knob and be rewarded with a nice view. The rest of the trail goes along the top of a ridge before descending to cross a few mostly dry creek beds before looping back to the beginning. It's a surprisingly challenging 3 miles with few flat spots - definitely deserves a "moderate" rating.

Saw 3 people over 2 hours on a Saturday in June - not a crowded trail.

Also saw two snakes, lots of frogs, a chipmunk and a lizard or two, plus the usual squirrels and birds.

FYI - no ATT cell service in the area as of June 2017.

Beautiful trail. For most of the trail (unless you take the shortcut) you're going up or down hill. Very few flats spots. Also, I recommend following someone's recorded trail vs following the default one. It's not accurate at all. Even still, it would be hard to get lost. It's marked well (with red paint) and doesn't split off hardly at all. I will definitely do this one again. Happy hiking!

Don't do the shortcut, almost all the best parts are in the back

Good trail. Clearly marked. Love that it's a Loop and you don't have to back track. Lots of ups and downs makes for some good exercise.

This is a great trail. Maintained very well. No spider webs and fallen trees have been cut through to keep the trail open. I ran most of it but hiked up and down the inclines and declines which are steep and still provides more than enough effort to keep my heart rate up.