Rock Bridge Trail Out and Back

Rock Bridge Trail Out and Back is a 1.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Pine Ridge, Kentucky that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

partially paved

Rock Bridge Trail is one of the most scenic trails in Red River Gorge, including the arch (the "rock bridge") for which the trail is named, and a beautiful waterfall on the way to the arch. Highlights include rich vegetation, hiking alongside a creek for much of the the trail, a natural arch that actually spans the creek at the apex of the trail, a scenic waterfall, a small clearing for picnicing, and an access point to other trails in Red River Gorge. The trail is perfect in good weather, beautiful in all weather, but can be muddy/slippery in rain and snow. Trailhead located at the end of a 3 mile gravel road.

My husband and I completed this hike on 11/3/18. Beautiful fall foliage, crowded place, limited parking, lots of doggies, and not a super easy hike. It's best if you go in and out on the same trail nearest to the bathrooms. The waterfall is gorgeous and the hike is beautiful. I would do it again. I wouldn't recommend going if it's rainy or snowy, it might get very slick.

This place is beautiful! I will definitely be back! The walk down was very easy! The out a little bit more as all down/ups can be. So worth the hike! It was very crowded being the height of fall foliage. The water was surprisingly not as cold as expected! Oddly, most folks including my electrical devices froze and lost power trying to take pictures of Rock Bridge?!? Can not wait to go back in warm weather! Kids are welcome if you must... I love meeting the fur babies along the way(psst bring the doggies they’ll love it!)

There is an easy way and a hard way. To take the easier path, you drive around the loop in the parking area to the back side. There are 2 entrances to this trail and the one in the back was WAY easier for my parents, ages 66 and 68. We brought our 3 kids. Ages 2, 7, and 10 they did great. Waterfall is fantastic. Definitely worth the hike. The water was a bit low, which was awesome because we were able to climb down and walk around in it.

Awesome, good climb.

Great hike to a gorgeous little waterfall. I’d rate it somewhere between easy and moderate. Will definitely go again!

My group of lady friends loved this trail! Beautiful forest views, lovely rock bridge with pool of water. Feels almost like a fairy tale walking through this landscape. Careful towards the end to not go off trail. We did and it got kinda rough and had to turn around. Look for your markers. I would do it again and I highly recommend.

We did this trail with our children aged 3, 6 and 9. They did great and loved it. The waterfall is gorgeous and the splash pool and creek were very to nice to wade in. Gorgeous foliage.

It’s a 1.5 mile loop. Very family friendly. It’s pretty easy; I’m out of shape, but I survived well and would do it again. We did find that if you enter the trail and come back out from the entrances by the bathrooms, it is easier. The other entrance to the trail has a lot of steps. We started there, and looked around and did fine. But probably would have avoided the steps because of my youngest son, had we known. We had a 3 and a 4.5 year old with us, and they did amazing. Perfect kid friendly hike! All in all, great trail and beautiful scenery!

Trail was easy to follow and very scenic. GO EARLY to beat the crowd. The rock bridge and creation falls are beautiful!

I highly recommend this trail. It's a nice trail for an afternoon hike after a long day at work! The falls are gorgeous!

Lovely trail with a little bit of everything - beautiful subtropical, mountainside foliage, cardio elevation, rock walls, a cave, an arch, a river, a creek, and a the crown jewel, a waterfall. If you are a photog and want to get pics, don’t come on a weekend. My first visit was on a warm, Sunday, Spring afternoon and it was like Disneyland. If you prefer solitude or want to get pictures, then weekdays, early are good for you. Falls look great after some rain, and the splash pool is a great place to cool off. Nice picnic area and family friendly. My only complaint is the limited parking.

Nice hike with waterfall and creek that the dogs loved.

Easy hike. Make sure to dip your toes in the falls.

Great evening loop very easy to jog or hike

Monday, November 27, 2017

Loved the waterfall, fall colors. 10 Nov 17

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Great hike on a beautiful afternoon then lunch at Skybridge Restaurant. Great place to sit and visit and good food too!

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Love this hike. Took my 4 yr old at the time and he loved the falls and the creek area so much! For a pregnant wife and 4 year old the trail is def moderate but take your time and it is so much fun. Went during a drizzle and there was enough tree cover that we didn't get too wet... you know.. before we played in the water. Will do again!

Monday, October 23, 2017

fun hike with young boys today. Beautiful falls and creek.

Saturday, October 07, 2017

Great hike!!

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Nice moderate hike, waterfall and natural rock bridge . Love this after it rained

Saturday, September 09, 2017

Beautiful and easy walk with my dog'

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Beautiful trail. Very busy lots of people and dogs.

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Beautiful lush trail with lots of creeks and a waterfall. The water is shallow so it's perfect for swimming or just cooling off. Quite a few steps, dips, and inclines. Takes one or two hours depending on how fast you're hiking.

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Creation Falls is a must see!!

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Very disappointing "falls" after a very tedious climb; we were expecting a larger waterfall. Very pretty landscape. Have tons of water on hand! Very hot in the peak of summer/July.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Absolutely one of my favorite places in the world. I love this trail. A waterfall, and a natural rock arch, I'm under 1.5 miles, can't beat it.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

chill trail

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Great walk not too long!! Loved walking in the water!!!

Thursday, June 01, 2017

The coolest kid friendly trail! My trip enjoyed it so much. The trail is well maintained and relatively clean, simply amazing!

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Very easy short trail. I passed 2 families with young children so fine for kids as well. Beautiful. Even found a little baby snake!