Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Raven Run Red Trail

Raven Run Red Trail is a 5.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Lexington, Kentucky that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Trails are only open from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM These trails wind through the woods and there are some really pretty waterfall-ish areas. Several benches throughout the park so you can so by the creek and enjoy nature. Great place to go hiking with kids. No pets allowed unfortunately.

This was a very well kept trail and easy to follow. So many trail options! We did accidentally start going out the freedom trail, but need to take signs to go toward the Nature Center (which is very nice) ! It was an easy trail to us, for others it could be moderate, depending on activity level. Overlook was peaceful and Silvers Falls was a very cute spot.

Beautiful views of the Kentucky river and Evans Mill waterfalls. The wild flowers were in bloom throughout the trail and added to the beauty of a great hiking trail.

Got out on the red trail today. Frozen solid with pools of ice and ruts from muddy footprints. Watch your ankles out there. Will warm up and be a muddy mess in the usual spots. Saw 5 deer munching away. Was beautiful today.

Well marked and well maintained trail. Moderate difficulty. Lots to see. Expect it to be busy at times.

Short hours and a bit busy, but pretty and well maintained

Great go to trail-does get pretty wet when it rains, but it is easy and well marked- I never feel uncomfortable hiking it alone.

We live in Lexington, this is our quick go to trail. We love it!

Consistently one of my favorites. Variety in terrain and several nice viewpoints. Not overly difficult with plenty of spots to stop for a rest.

We had a good time with our 8, 5 and 3 year old. Probably will do it again soon.

This trail was awesome! We took the white trails that branched off the red which i highly recommend and added over a mile to our total. The white trails have the really great parts! The creek was great! There were butterflies everywhere that landed on us! We saw several deer that had no fear of us at all! This is a beautiful, peaceful place.

Very nice trail for my friend that has never hiked before

Very nice trail. Make sure to do the white trails as well.

It was a good hike, not great. We did the entire red course and it was 4 Miles as opposed to the 5.5 listed on this app. We did spur off onto the white trail at times and if we had not, we’d have missed the waterfall (which was more like a water/rock feature with a small pool at the bottom). Easy access to cool off or take your shoes off to dip your feet! The over look was another highlight of the hike. Not too muddy, but there were spots that were along the route. I’d consider this a great place to hike with kids/family as you can take the blue or green trails back to the Nature Center at many points and shorten the length of this hike, which is the only thing I’d say might be difficult for beginners. The signage and available maps were wonderful! One of the best marked hikes we’ve been on. The drive back into Ravens Run was beautiful on our July morning!

No matter how many times we do this convenient trail, it always delights

We loved the red trail. The waterfall was amazing and the butterflies were basically swarming us at the waterfall. We didn't find the trail to be hard, but can be muddy and slick in areas. We saw a deer and turkey along the trail. Make sure to take the short white trails off the red as they lead to some cool things to see (waterfalls, mill, overlook, etc) and aren't very long, then you just hike them back to the red trails!!

Sunday, April 22, 2018

All 5 miles were amazing.

Saturday, March 03, 2018

great trail

Saturday, March 03, 2018

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

muddy today!

Monday, February 19, 2018

Weather was great. Some parts of trail were almost to muddy to go through. Water in all the streams/creek was running, absolutely beautiful. A lot of people out today.

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Good place close to Lexington. Good technical places, good hill work outs. Can run for hours just take multiple trails, best time is weekday mornings at 9am. Any other time watch for a lot of hikers and walkers.

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Not a tough hike but plenty to see

Sunday, October 01, 2017

Nice descent trek, with a pretty overlook.

Monday, August 28, 2017

The wife was visiting friends in Versailles and I was along for the ride. While in KY I thought I would give this a try. I ran the "Red" trail, and although they do a good job marking the trails, there are a few places where many trails come together and intent is not clear. No problem though as my "intent" was to get some trail running in and enjoy the scenery. I thoroughly enjoyed this run. Especially the scenic overlooks. I did the Red trail clockwise, which I highly suggest doing. There is a very rocky (ankle-twisting) ascent after the overlook. I believe it is better to run that section as an ascent towards the end (when you are running slower) than to run it as a descent when your legs are fresh and you want to go fast. Regardless, I look forward to opportunities to run this again when in the Lexington area.

Friday, August 18, 2017

We are new to hiking the Lexington area. This was a nice trail but would try other trails in the area before coming back to this one. It was nicely shaded & very well marked. However, in August the views were mostly just lush green forest - the scenic overlook was a brown slow-flowing Kentucky River. We heard a waterfall but couldn't see it. We arrived at 8:30 (park didn't open until 9 am). The only wildlife we saw that late in the morning were birds, a few squirrels, and LOTS of spiders. We were first on the trail, so there were many cobwebs with their creative spiders still working away. Be prepared! The trail was well maintained. It poured rain the night before, and while it was wet & a little muddy, it was not water covered. Overall a nice hike within 30 mins of Lexington. Moderate level of difficulty is on par. Wear hiking shoes with good soles (not sneakers) due to rocks & slick surfaces.

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

I've been to Raven Run many times, but this was the first trip I completed this trail and the White trail. It's a nice hike to be so close to home!

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Plenty of trails to choose from, but it was a little busy for my liking.