Raven Run Nature Sanctuary Trail

Raven Run Nature Sanctuary Trail is a 4.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Lexington, Kentucky that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Love Ravens Run it is a moderate hard trails flowers are beautiful and I’ve saw deer.

Good place close to Lexington. Good technical places, good hill work outs. Can run for hours just take multiple trails, best time is weekday mornings at 9am. Any other time watch for a lot of hikers and walkers.

Great trail for a mama packing an 8 month old in a backpack. Nice Nature Center with organized monthly activities for children. Pretty views along each trail. Good day trip in any weather.

Really nice variation of trails and interesting sites/lookouts. No pets allowed unfortunately

Such a great hiking park within Fayette county. So many trails to choose from great for all skill levels and it's so pretty and peaceful. I'm sad it has regular business hours so the trails can get crowded pretty quickly but if you go early it's fine. I've seen a lot of deer on the trail earlier in the morning.

Rocky but fun. Tough for me to get any speed until I get stronger.
definitely need trail shoes.

Great trail. Please note trails are only open 8 am until 7:30pm.

Love this trail for a close to home afternoon outing!

It was a VERY well labeled trail. I don't believe it was 4 miles for the red trail I did with a friend. It was a great day for a walk though. Multiple benches on the trail for those who need a break. Overall it was a great time.

Great family friendly hike!

Beautiful views!!

It has it all. Great trail running, hiking and bird watching. Terrific staff and volunteers!

The most pleasant hike you can find near Lexington. Great terrain, staff, and diverse trail options.

Raven Run is a fantastic place! They have fantastic hours. Saw a wide variety of wild animals, wildflowers, and wild places. The staff is fantastic and very knowledgeable! Not to mention the historic site, the Prather House. There's so much more to say. This should really be a national park. Fantastic summer hours, 9-8. For all you people who disagree with the no dogs rule, the fact that dogs are not allowed helps protect the wildlife and soil. If they did allow dogs, you would see no wildlife because dogs are unnatural predators in this area. I would rate this 10 stars if I could. All in all, great city park, great future national park.

I've been going to Raven Run since I was a kid. Love this place because of the creek and all the wildlife. It's also really close; only 10-15 minute drive. We take my kids often and they enjoy it too. They have more blackberries than anyplace I've been. Pick the right time of year and you can hit the jackpot.

Always love coming here, so peaceful. some trails on the sactury side are easy and some or a bit tricky. As long as you pay attention and pace yourself just taking in everything around you is amazing.

Nice trail close to the city. Closes early. Nature center has some neat fossils and things.

Loved it very fun different trails are more difficult but fun for the whole family

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

The red trail is a great workout and so beautiful!

Sunday, April 09, 2017

Best on weekdays when there's less people!

Sunday, April 02, 2017

It was a good day hike, it was nice not very crowded at all. Beautiful sites, I wanted it to be longer, I am used to 7 plus miles so afterwards I was a bit surprised there wasn't more.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Good trail. We had a dog though and had to cut it short so we could find a dog friendly option

Thursday, March 23, 2017

it was pretty muddy today. took the red trail to the overlook and then came back up using the green. the green wasn't muddy at all and a bit easier than the red, so it was a nice ending.

Monday, March 13, 2017

Great place.. so many deer!!

Thursday, February 23, 2017

The website says the trail doesn't open until 9am. Does anyone know if you can go earlier than this? I'm wanting to do a sunrise hike.

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Good local trail for exercising. If you're traveling here... go ahead and head over to Red River Gorge.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Great place to hike any season!!!

Friday, January 27, 2017

the sounds.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

It was neat to see all the wildlife.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

This is one of our favorite places to go. Nice variation of trails and terrain. We had our son hiking this when he was 3.