Princess Arch Trail

Princess Arch Trail is a 0.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Stanton, Kentucky that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Really fun climbing the arch

Amazing views from the edge of the mountain! The road driving up there is TERRIBLE though. Took us 20 minutes to drive the 5 miles up there but once you get there can do this hike plus Chimney Top also. Worth the trip for sure! Best part for us wasn’t the Princess Arch but the views from the hike around it. Loved it!

Nice scenery and trails were good

Very short trail, the views may not be as good as Chimney Top but the trails offers more to do which makes it slightly more enjoyable than Chimney Top.

Great trail, can be crowded. A little more difficult than Chimney Top. Go past the arch and keep going for a quieter experience where you can relax a bit.

Fun trail! The best part is the overlooks just past the arch. Worth going a little further to check it out! Path is easy and in the spring/ early summer there's blueberries. :)

Trees and debris are move to the side now.

The main trail which sort of paved takes you to top of the arch so go around and follow diamond path and you will end up underneath the arch.

Arches are beautiful but hate that people have to write on them

easy trail but needed some trees and debris removed. arches are wonderful however.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Nice spot, very quick. If you go further past Princess Arch there is a great spot for views. For how short it is and how much there is to see, you can't beat it. Right next to Chimney Rock also which is a must for great views

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Not bad, an easy trail to combine with Chimney Rock.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Nice little trail!

Friday, October 21, 2016

My husband & I found this while on a road trip & took a break to stretch our legs. Short but beautiful hike.

Saturday, September 03, 2016

Easy walk to the Arch. Not stroller friendly, but kid friendly yes. You can go on top and beneath the Arch. Couple this with Chimney Top Rock as it shares the same parking lot

Friday, June 10, 2016

Very nice arch!

Saturday, September 19, 2015

This was my husbands 2nd outing into nature since he had a stroke. It was a challenge for him, but easy for me. It's a beautiful short hike. Just before the arch there is a trail that goes to the left, that will take you under the arch with spectacular views.

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Great starter trail

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Good trail. When you get to a large rock outcrop less than .25 mile in you are over the arch. If you backtrack just a couple yards, there is a trail that goes down under the arch. It requires just a bit of rock scrambling but the arch is beautiful. Also, if you have kids they'll enjoy the holes in the rock. They're big enough to climb in for a picture perfect moment.

Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Maybe it's just because I'm a newbie hiker and am used to very obvious and well marked trails, but I thought this trail was poorly marked once you got past the first 100 feet or so. It starts out with white marks on some of the trees but the marks seem to stop. There are so many paths that go off from the trail that it starts to become confusing as to which path is the right one. I think I ended up walking over an arch but I'm not sure it was princess arch-- it didn't really look like the pictures I have seen. The trail seemed to keep going after that. Maybe I didn't get all the way to princess arch, but I felt like it was difficult to know which path was correct. It was a nice trail but I really didn't feel comfortable on this one and ended up turning around out of fear of getting lost. I did chimney rock right after this and loved that trail- the views are breathtaking.

Monday, June 09, 2014

This is a short trail, but well worth the walk, very nice arch and scenery.

Thursday, July 11, 2013

A great little trail to see a BUNCH of different rock formations, not just the Princess Arch. The trail actually walks you right over top of the Princess arches and we would have never noticed it, if it wasn't for another group "talking" underneath us when we walked over top of it. A little tough to get down to the arch, but nothing my 6 year old daughter could not handle. A great little addition that sits in the same parking lot as Chimney Rock, so well worth the .5 mile walk after you do Chimney Rock!