Learn more

Pretty House Arch Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near McKee, Kentucky that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September.

Length 1.1 mi Elevation gain 334 ft Route type Out & Back

Nature trips

Walking

Bird watching

Forest

Views

Description
Waypoints (0)

Pretty House is the main arch. There is a small double arch right beside it. There is a small cave at the base of the rock ledge. Then there is Playhouse Arch and a view other formations on the rock. Not far from Turkey Foot.

Weather
UV Index
Daylight
Reviews (3)
Photos (9)
Recordings (3)
Completed (7)
Virginia G.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarNovember 17, 2019
Hiking

This trail is certainly off the beaten path. We had to drive several miles on a one lane road to get to the trailhead. There is not a designated parking area but we easily parked our vehicle on the side of the road. The trail is a path that is clearly used by ATVs or four wheelers. The arch is very nice and well worth the hike on its own. Past the arch is two smaller arches that are located over and under each other. If you climb to the top of the arch and continue out the ridge you will find 2 overlooks with the last one being very very nice. I believe this trail is very much worth the hike. This hike is very remote and I was very intimidated in the beginning but I am glad that my husband chose this hike. It was well worth the effort.

Victor Jordan
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMay 10, 2019
HikingBlowdownMuddy
First to Review

This trail is so isolated that I swear I heard "Dueling Banjos". Just kidding about the banjos, but it is so isolated that I traveled for miles up a one lane gravel road with no signs of life. AllTrail directions lead me to the trailhead, where there was NO parking, but since I had not seen any traffic I just took my chances and parked in the roadway. At the very beginning of the trail a large tree was blown down, which was the first of several. I hiked the entire trail and did not see any signs that anyone or anything had ever hiked the trail. But is is obvious that at one time it was probably a 4-wheeler trail but the blown down trees have ended that. So I hiked the trail and overall I was disappointed in the final scenery. While the arch and a rather awesome cave was fairly impressive the overall experience wasn't worth the time and effort. Safety wise my solo hike trip was a success, but I would not recommend it due to the isolation. Cell phone service: NONE while on the trail, or for miles before reaching the trail.

Gerald Coppock
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJanuary 17, 2020
View Gerald's Recording