Pilot Knob Trail

Pilot Knob Trail is a 4.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Clay City, Kentucky that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round.

Great trail. Clean, quiet, only passed a couple people. Seemed to be well marked but at one point I did end up on the sage trail and took the long wait around up to the look out, but wasn't bad. Passed over a creek that was super pretty and a great spot for a my dog to take a break and swim. The view at the actual look out is absolutely breathtaking. The hike itself is on the higher end of moderate. Defiantly had my legs aching by the end. The road out there is not marked at all, you just end up at a dead end where there's a very small parking lot and small sign.

I hiked the Pilot Knob trail on Sunday. The trail was amazing, with A LOT of inclines. But well worth it. I did take the Sage Point trail and ended up at the gravel road. Apparently there is a WELL hidden re-entrance that I did miss. I ended up behind someone's yard at a red gate. I had to call the police station for a ride back to my car that was 8 MILES away from me. Be VERY careful when you go onto Sage Point trail. Overall, it was a decent hike.

Quite a trek, but absolutely worth the views! I must also mention as someone else has that there are metal rebar sticking out of the ground everywhere. They are hard to see too and easy to trip on! As like a few have mentioned I missed the reentry of the trail on the gravel road as well!
I will definitely go back!

Great hike to a good view. Good distance if you add Spruce Loop. Keep an eye out for trail re entry off the gravel road on Spruce. It's right at the start of the steep descent (we missed it).

The hike up was a little steep but the view was totally work it

Ran this trail recently. The view at the top is definitely worth the trip. A few concerns: metal rebar sticks out of the ground a couple inches in some parts of the trail. It's difficult to see and would be easy to trip on. Also, once you turn off the sage trail onto the gravel road, it is easy to miss the turn back into the woods as someone else posted.
Still, it was a nice run with a few challenges.

Nice view at the top

Stupendous hike! Frogs aplenty.

Nice short trail, and very beautiful! it was a well marked trail and easy to find. It's definitely worth the hike up Pilot's Knob!