Nathan McClure Trail

Nathan McClure Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tateville, Kentucky that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I love this site, it's a gem. I use it in the spring time and I rarely see anyone else when I go. it has a few tent pads before you go on the trails, other than that it's pretty much dispersed. the trails are off a gravel road and are not well marked or kept up with. last time I went there were a few downed trees and no clear trail markers when you get closer to the river. if you know the area though you can find your way to the river with a great veiw. I would rate this usually moderate but in the state of the trail last time I went I would say hard. especially for anyone knew to hiking or this area. but nonetheless it makes for an exciting little weekend adventure. not to mention the Eagles flying over head!

Watch out for the ticks. I kept plucking them off of me. It was all a gravel road. When I followed AllTrails and it directed me to a turn off which lead downhill to the water. It was an unkept trail. Wish I had a machete.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Jeans and long sleeves....if you want to do spur trails, about 3 of them....very wilderness.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017