Millennium Trail

Millennium Trail is a 13.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lebanon Junction, Kentucky that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Millennium Trail in Bernheim Forest is a 13.6 mile loop trail located near Shepherdsville, Kentucky. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

Like many others are saying...nice long trail. 13.87654 miles of mixed elevation depending on how you start. We went counter clockwise and the first 6-7 miles were somewhat strenuous and challenging keeping our 3 mile per hour pace. As fairly new hikers, we took 7 hours to complete this trail with water breaks as needed(often) and one 10 minute snack break. Water sources were mostly in the first and last 2 miles so bring at least 3 liters of h2o. Great hike with not so amazing views. Mostly green tunnels during summer and fall this year.

Good long trail. Ups and downs. Lot of green tunnel. But the forest is beautiful. Will do it again.

I like this Trail mainly for the length and proximity to my home in Bardstown. I have hiked this trail a few times. Once in 2005 and once in 2015. Both times I have gone in November or December on mild winter days(highs of 50-55). Last time I hiked this trail, I started when they open and finish a few hours before close. I packed plenty of water, a lunch and an afternoon snack. There's usually not much to look at in the winter, but you can look down the ridge into the wooded forest, a view that might not possible in the Summer. Ticks were not a problem.

This is a great long trail. We tried the first time to get on the trail from another trail, but this was a mistake and we couldn't find the loop from the main trailhead. Also the first time we tried it, it had rained the week before and the creeks were flooded and you had to cross over many streams. Though this made it really scenic I wouldn't recommend, since you'd need a couple of changes of socks. Also make sure you start at the actual trail head by the playground so you don't get lost finding your way back. Took around 7 hours. You can take your lunch for a stop at the halfday point. That's the only place there's a bench to rest.

Great long hike. 7 hours.

Friday, September 16, 2016

Well, it's spider season on the trail. In fall, bring a staff or carry a long stick. Swing them in front of you to keep spider webs (and spiders) from clinging to your face. Sprayed with picardin before hiking and did not have a single tick on us when completed. Getting old (60) and out of shape, so I was winded on the uphills, some discomfort on the longer downhills. Otherwise, OK. Saw a deer and the ever-present squirrels. Heard an eagle. Trails were well marked, but sometimes you had to look a little more carefully to find them. No big vistas, just a nice forest hike. If you take your time and stop to enjoy some moments, it will take most of the day.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Some of the markings were hard to find. TONS OF TICKS!! Bring 100% deet bug spray. Lots of spider webs and fallen trees and creeks. Great hike. I did this as someone who doesn't hike at all and was sore the next day (that's to be expected). I plan to hike again very soon.

Thursday, July 07, 2016

Hiked in October - awesome! Hiking again this weekend, only fitting in half - taking lots of water!

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Loved every bit of this trail.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

I enjoyed this trail. it was a little narrow at times with over growth. we saw 2 other purple do that was great. we saw lots of dear. Make sure to bring your own water because there is nothing on the trail to filter. there was lots of ticks so make sure you spray. I sprayed and still had 10 on me. I wish there were some over looks. lots of green space. it's not the red river gorge bit is closer if you live in Louisville Ky. there are lots of smaller trails in the area if you don't want to do this 14 mile beast.

Saturday, June 25, 2016