Millennium Trail

Millennium Trail is a 13.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lebanon Junction, Kentucky that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Millennium Trail in Bernheim Forest is a 13.6 mile loop trail located near Shepherdsville, Kentucky. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

This is a great long trail. We tried the first time to get on the trail from another trail, but this was a mistake and we couldn't find the loop from the main trailhead. Also the first time we tried it, it had rained the week before and the creeks were flooded and you had to cross over many streams. Though this made it really scenic I wouldn't recommend, since you'd need a couple of changes of socks. Also make sure you start at the actual trail head by the playground so you don't get lost finding your way back. Took around 7 hours. You can take your lunch for a stop at the halfday point. That's the only place there's a bench to rest.

Great long hike. 7 hours.

Well, it's spider season on the trail. In fall, bring a staff or carry a long stick. Swing them in front of you to keep spider webs (and spiders) from clinging to your face. Sprayed with picardin before hiking and did not have a single tick on us when completed. Getting old (60) and out of shape, so I was winded on the uphills, some discomfort on the longer downhills. Otherwise, OK. Saw a deer and the ever-present squirrels. Heard an eagle. Trails were well marked, but sometimes you had to look a little more carefully to find them. No big vistas, just a nice forest hike. If you take your time and stop to enjoy some moments, it will take most of the day.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Some of the markings were hard to find. TONS OF TICKS!! Bring 100% deet bug spray. Lots of spider webs and fallen trees and creeks. Great hike. I did this as someone who doesn't hike at all and was sore the next day (that's to be expected). I plan to hike again very soon.

Thursday, July 07, 2016

Hiked in October - awesome! Hiking again this weekend, only fitting in half - taking lots of water!

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Loved every bit of this trail.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

I enjoyed this trail. it was a little narrow at times with over growth. we saw 2 other purple do that was great. we saw lots of dear. Make sure to bring your own water because there is nothing on the trail to filter. there was lots of ticks so make sure you spray. I sprayed and still had 10 on me. I wish there were some over looks. lots of green space. it's not the red river gorge bit is closer if you live in Louisville Ky. there are lots of smaller trails in the area if you don't want to do this 14 mile beast.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Make a day of it!!!!!

Monday, May 16, 2016

Well marked trail Did half day. 7 Miles

Monday, May 16, 2016

Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Monday, March 28, 2016

Very intense trail. Come prepared!

Friday, January 01, 2016

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Very tough hike, only got to the 1/2 way point bc we started to late in the day. Was well marked, wasn't very exciting though, its just a lot of woods, no rugged terrain, cliffs, waterfalls, etc at least on the first half going clockwise. Was definitely a good workout tho & enjoyed being outside. Would recommend for somewhat fit person, got the legs burning!