McCoy Hollow Trail

McCoy Hollow Trail is a 12.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mammoth Cave, Kentucky that features a cave and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Mammoth Cave National Park P.O. Box 7 Mammoth Cave, KY 42259 270-758-2180

Part of a 21 mile loop I hiked starting at First Creek parking lot.
First night: Stayed at First Creek campsite B
Walked to McCoy Hollow Trail
Second Night: Stayed at McCoy Hollow Campsite
Walked to Wet Prong Trail and connected back at the parking lot.

Connected this w the Wet Prong trail and made a burly day hike out of it. 2-16-12

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

This trail will kick your ass, but you can usually find a gem located in these tough trails.

Monday, June 13, 2016

Horrible trail!!! Made impassible by horse traffic, mud everywhere even though it had not rained in a very long time. We had one hiker sink into the mud up to his waist! If you aren't a horseback rider avoid this trail at all costs.

Friday, November 07, 2014

I rode my horse on this trail. It is a big challenge …rock…rock…rock…cliffs and hills…I loved it but you sure needed to be on a accomplished trail horse! Some places the trail was hard to distinguish from mounds of rock. We picked our way through and traveled across the hills..Cliffs off to the side. This was no place for a foolish horse. There was a small waterfall also. We took our lunch there. Very beautiful trail. There was some bogs about half way through that you needed to traverse around. It was very beautiful and a trail I won't forget soon! Yes,,,I would do it again...