Lower Holly Loop Trail

Lower Holly Loop Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Frankfort, Kentucky that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We loved this trail! Ascents, descents, rocky paths along a creek, and a beautiful waterfall. We will definitely be back! (It was a little muddy due to the recent rain but that made the waterfalls much better! Wear shoes with good tread.)

Beautiful scenic area hidden in a deep cut cove.

Peaceful and easy trail that connects to the others.

Went yesterday and had an amazing time. This is one of my favorite places in the spring/summer. Cozy little vibe and lots to explore. Highly recommend, we also saw the sunset which was gorgeous!

beautiful trails

Trail is well Mark and kept very nice. I don't understand why the lower Holly Trail is up on top of the ridge, yet there is another Trail just below it does not appear on all Trails. there is also the Osage, the PTA I think it was and a few other Trails off of this trail that were marked but do not come up in the alltrails Explorer function or search function

I like this trail, not too easy and not terribly long. A nice walk. I take my time and listen to podcasts or go with a buddy and have a chat. Not too hard if you are in ok shape.

Great little gem in Frankfort. The nature views and waterfall are beautiful. We can only imagine what everything looks like after a good rain. Very well kept trails, nice restroom and picnic areas. Trails have sitting spots so those who are not as athletic can take breaks and just take in nature. We will be going back soon

awesome place to get away and just enjoy nature

I wish I would have known there were so many trails. I would have allowed more time. Also, I was confused about Sky Trail, I couldn't find it.

This was our third time to hike around this fabulous city park. It has challenging ascents and descents. It is pretty well marked, but we did accidentally enter the 3D Archery trails-not at the sign-that's where we exited. Our pictures show and alligator-part of the 3D scenario! Fortunately, no one was there and they only aim down marked trails-so there shouldn't be danger. But it was a bit uncomfortable! Once you reach the top, there are some nice views of North Frankfort and the Capitol as well as historical markers. There are also Port-a-potties! Bonus!
We like to go about 5 miles-we never hit that on our 3 separate hikes, but the ascent helped make up for shorter distances. There are some slippery places due to recent rain. Best to wear Roger hiking shoes on the trails. We also used our poles-but younger people seemed fine. We also saw more waterfalls this last time due to heavy rains 2 days before. No blackberries in the Blackberry Meadows (trail). Oh well, it was still a fun hike.

There are quite a few trails here. Took a 3 year old and carried a 3 month old. It was great but the 3 year old ended up being carried quite a bit too.

This would be nice for a daily place to take a quick walk in the woods. I would rate the trail as easy. We saw 2 copperheads while there.

Favorite place to visit for walking, hiking, spending time with family, or even walking the furkids.
Note: Holly Trail leads to other amazing fun trails and water scenery
This place is actually called and found on GPS as Cove Springs

Monday, May 01, 2017

great for small children and pets

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Waterfalls were lovely and a quick trip.

Monday, February 27, 2017

great short trail with nice water falls to view. pet friendly.

Friday, December 30, 2016

Lots of fun water features!

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Easy hike. Good resting points. Lots to see and enjoy.

Saturday, July 30, 2016

This park is a favorite around the area. Due to all the rain the past couple of days, the creeks and falls were pushing a lot of water. This made for enjoyable hiking along the trails, despite some slippery spots, as the sound of running water was everywhere. Already looking forward to my next visit!

Friday, July 29, 2016

Cute trail with beautiful waterfall at start and finish. Many different trails to choose from.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Very nice short hike. Trails well marked and the scenery is amazing!

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Not marked well at times. Plenty of scenery. The falls were great. Nice elevation changes. The meadow at the bottom was beautiful. Would be significantly better after rain.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Hiked the Osage Trail after a rainy week. Slippery and muddy , but running water and waterfalls made it worthwhile

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Dog friendly, several beautiful waterfalls, trails well maintained and fairly well marked. Lots of places to stop and eat lunch. Easy hikes, but pretty!

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Easy trails. Who knew that there are two waterfalls at the park.

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Love these trails. I've walked and run them for years now. The Lower Holly Loop connects to a variety of trails for a half mile stroll to a 6 mile hike or trail run. Other trails include the Upland Trail, Osage Trail, Sky Trail and Peaks Mill Trail. Some challenging ascents with 200-300 feet of elevation change. Two waterfalls. Picnic pavilion. Great spot for a day out with the family.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Great trail to take your family on.