Lost River Cave and Valley Trail

Lost River Cave and Valley Trail is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bowling Green, Kentucky that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is good for all skill levels and offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.3 miles Elevation Gain: 111 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

Cute little urban trail - I just had a little time and this was close and more interesting than I thought it would be. The little spring waterfall was so cool - full of birds enjoying the water! And also a sweet butterfly house. Wish I had used bug spray though - got quite a few bites. Still worth it!

Nice, easy trail. Shady. Saw a white squirrel, 2 hawks and a non-venomous snake.

Great trail! My 2 sons (11 and 8) hiked it with us. they had no problems. A Shaded, Short, easy trail... but long enough to feel like you've done something. It was over before we knew it. Will be back again to find some of those side trails we saw from the bridge!

Any hike that's close enough to the city to take public transportation is a plus for me. Nothing amazing but a good nature walk.

Wooded nature trail that leads by various historical structures, a butterfly house, spring, blue holes and rock formations. We were there early during a rain and had the trail to ourselves but the parking lot was filling up as we were leaving. The highlight for us was a pure white eastern gray squirrel that climbed a tree before disappearing in the understory.

only did partial trail before doing the boat tour. Nice shady trail, stopped to explore the butterfly habitat

Really pretty, nice and easy trail.

There are too few nature trails in Bowling green, but this is still a great trail, by most standards. It is extremely busy most days, but it is a cool Karst area. The "Canyon was once a cave where the roof collapsed. Besides being busy, it is pretty noisy as well due to people and traffic.

A fun place with many interesting events. Trail was rather busy even though it was off-season on a coolish cloudy day. We enjoyed a short hike in the woods.

very easy hike. beautiful area

Saturday, August 04, 2018

Beautiful trail, well marked and family friendly!

Saturday, June 09, 2018

Great easy trail. We went with our Cub Scout pack. A nice trail in the shade with ample opportunities to see wildlife.

Saturday, April 21, 2018

nice easy short trail. several blue holes and a small waterfall. also walked along the greenways trail on top to extend the short walk.

Thursday, March 08, 2018

Very pleasant with several blue holes and a spring. On weekday mornings this time of year I usually have the place to myself.

Monday, February 12, 2018

A simple trail for when you need a break after classes or work. You can also see the beginning of a river system inside of a cave!

Friday, January 05, 2018

We chose this trail because it was a short one as it was very cold out with a wind advisory. I was very impressed with the trails and the park. Even though it's small I loved it and after hiking decided to take the cave tour. It was very much worth the time and money. Great way to spend the day. Good place to take younger children as well as the trails are easy.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

this is a great family hike. we take our granddaughter to play in the waterfall. sink holes and butterfly garden is cool. great greenway around the top of the cave. trail is right by bark park and playground. love this gem!

Monday, May 16, 2016

Beautiful trail. Excellent birding peep-show wall. 3.75 stars!

Friday, March 04, 2016

I agree with everyone else. This is a nice trail for hiking.

Friday, March 04, 2016

A very nice winter hike.

Saturday, February 06, 2016

Great trail!

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Super easy trail and I've hiked it more times that I can count. There are some blue holes along the path and a very nice flowing spring at the end, but sadly, the plant life along the trail is mostly invasive, The trail is almost taken over by bush honeysuckle, privet, euonymous and others like that. There is a population of white squirrels to be seen and it's a good enough hike to stretch the legs. But the invasive plant takeover is heartbreaking for a native plant lover like me.

Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Hike it almost every other day, very accessible to walk when getting ready for a backpacking trip

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Great hike and geocaching for younger kids.

Monday, June 01, 2015

Great afternoon trip for kids and geocaching.

Sunday, May 03, 2015

Highly enjoyable. I took my two (almost three) year old and he was able to do most of it. I wish there was more distance, and there was unfortunately a little trash here and there, but overall a good experience.

Monday, December 22, 2014

Back in my college days this valley was not regulated and we would enter the cave on foot! Now, the valley is a nice day destination as it would take a couple hours to walk the valley, stop off at the butterfly garden and the blue holes.

Friday, June 14, 2013

The trail is down in the valley and it is beautiful and well shaded. The complete loop goes to a lovely spring and back. The paved walkway is not the trail. The trail is across the bridge.

Friday, July 13, 2012

This is more of a paved walkway than a trail. It's great for a jog or stroll, but don't expect any hiking, nature, or views. It's usually busy.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Good for a walk, bike, hike, or stroll with the family. Beautiful area, and the BG greenway connects, so you can follow it to the dog park for a fun day with your mut.