Lost River Cave and Valley Trail

Lost River Cave and Valley Trail is a 1.3 mile loop trail located near Bowling Green, Kentucky that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and birding.

this is a great family hike. we take our granddaughter to play in the waterfall. sink holes and butterfly garden is cool. great greenway around the top of the cave. trail is right by bark park and playground. love this gem!

Monday, May 16, 2016

Beautiful trail. Excellent birding peep-show wall. 3.75 stars!

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Friday, March 04, 2016

I agree with everyone else. This is a nice trail for hiking.

Friday, March 04, 2016

A very nice winter hike.

Saturday, February 06, 2016

Great trail!

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Super easy trail and I've hiked it more times that I can count. There are some blue holes along the path and a very nice flowing spring at the end, but sadly, the plant life along the trail is mostly invasive, The trail is almost taken over by bush honeysuckle, privet, euonymous and others like that. There is a population of white squirrels to be seen and it's a good enough hike to stretch the legs. But the invasive plant takeover is heartbreaking for a native plant lover like me.

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Hike it almost every other day, very accessible to walk when getting ready for a backpacking trip

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Great hike and geocaching for younger kids.

Monday, June 01, 2015

Great afternoon trip for kids and geocaching.

Sunday, May 03, 2015

Highly enjoyable. I took my two (almost three) year old and he was able to do most of it. I wish there was more distance, and there was unfortunately a little trash here and there, but overall a good experience.

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Monday, December 22, 2014

Back in my college days this valley was not regulated and we would enter the cave on foot! Now, the valley is a nice day destination as it would take a couple hours to walk the valley, stop off at the butterfly garden and the blue holes.

Sunday, November 09, 2014