Lick Falls Trail

Lick Falls Trail is a 3.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Grayson, Kentucky that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and canoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

The trail was not taken very good care of. Some spots the weeds were above my knees. Bring tick repellent. And I mean the high dollar stuff. We had some on and within 20 minutes we had picked over 10 off from us. I've never had so many on me at one time in my life.

Fun trail with great views of the lake and beautiful falls. Very well marked trail, except for the trailhead sign. It shows an arrow left for the trail leading to the campground and an arrow right for the Lick falls trail and also has a triangle (which I assume is meant as an arrow pointing forward) for the "loop" trail. Follow the triangle forward and you will quickly see the orange trail markers. If you go to the right you will come to the golf course. The trail was well maintained and clean. Overall a very enjoyable trail and the falls are a great place to stop for a break and eat.

Loved the hike but it is far from being an easy hike! I found this hike to be a moderate hike. Definitely not a hike you should take if you are not use to hiking! We enjoyed our trip and the views were breath taking! Well worth the trip! Just want to make sure you know it's not an easy hike.

Monday, August 08, 2016

My dog and I had a good time with this trail. The markings get a bit confusing half a mile in but once you get back on track it's easy to follow the rest of the way.

The combination of the canopy of trees and the breeze off of the lake made it pretty cool. I wouldn't recommend this 3 mile loop to a first time hiker but it is certainly beginner friendly.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Do NOT put Lick Falls into Google search then use their map directions. You will windup down a dirty road meant for jeeps. Not good. Use AllTrails directions and go to Grayson Lake golf course. Campsite at end of drive. After guard building turn left then go to far back right camping culdesac. Trailhead sign is on right out of site at start of culdesac. Someone change trail name on sign to Lick Balls (from Falls). Trail is marked in blue for about mile. Intersects with Yellow marked trail to leading down to falls. Best view of falls is from a boat.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Thursday, June 02, 2016

Great fun!! Could use a little cleaning up though!

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Monday, May 23, 2016

The surrounding wilderness is incredibly beautiful "Loved the waterfalls". However, the trail markings are way too large on the trees. It appears as if someone painted the blazes with little regard, almost to the point of vandalism. It seems the campgrounds and golf course has the primary attention of the maintainers. Also, a bit of garbage seems to be thrown about the trail system. This trail has great potential, it just needs some TLC.

Saturday, August 29, 2015