Legacy Trail is a 8.4 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Lexington, Kentucky that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 8.4 miles Elevation Gain: 341 feet Route Type: Point to Point

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

Good walking/training/biking trail. I used the trail to get ready for an upcoming hike. Well maintained with fun and informative signs and posts along the way.

We love this trail. It's close to home, family- and pet-friendly, well-maintained. Use this trail for biking, walking, running and cross-training.

We really enjoyed walking on this trail! I was offset by some negative reviews at first, but when we actually went and tried it out it was perfect for us! It’s great for those walking, jogging or biking for exercise or to take kids for a walk! The whole trail is paved, which is nice if you are not necessarily looking for an off-road, nature hike.

Other than the road crossings, perfect space for road biking!

Info here needs to be updated. I believe 14 miles are complete now. It runs from The Kentucky Horse Park into Lexington. I biked half of it yesterday. The first couple miles from the horse park are serine but after that there is a lot of traffic noise and interaction (road crossings) which is the only reason I didn’t give five stars. Overall it’s very safe, people are friendly and it’s beautiful.

Great paved road for biking, running or walking. The trail winds around and you go over hills and past creeks. Very relaxing bike ride. pet friendly.

Mon Oct 29 2018

Great trail. convenient for biking, walking and running simultaneously. paved pathway. sometimes confusing which path to take when multiple paths intersect. You have to cross a busy road at one point in the trail, so you must be mindful of traffic. Overall a great trail.

Sat Aug 11 2018

We ride bikes or scooters here a couple times a week. Great, paved, family trail with easy parking. Be aware it’s not a loop!! There are lots of runners, bikes, and walkers on this trail. We’ve always felt very safe.

Thu Jun 28 2018

Visited for the first time on June 6, 2018. Loved it I will be back. It is actually 12 miles long and nicely paved . However it’s not a loop so if you walk the 12 miles one way and have to walk back to your car you will be ready for a Marathon walk

Sun Jun 17 2018

Absolutely beautiful and moderately difficult due to the distance.

Sun Nov 05 2017

Very nice paved bike path. I wouldn't call it a hiking trail. Connects downtown Lexington to the Ky Horse Park. Great for biking, running, and walking, but not what I call a hiking trail. Also the whole path is 10 miles, one way.

Tue Sep 19 2017

The whole trail is actually a lot longer, I think about 11 miles. Not shaded and not very scenic but a good paved trail if you need to bike or run longer.

recorded Legacy Trail