Laurel River Lake Trail

Laurel River Lake Trail is a 2.9 mile loop trail located near Corbin, Kentucky that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and rock climbing and is accessible year-round.

rock climbing

very senic

good scenery, easy hike

not marked. you need this app to stay on the trail.

loud boats. trash. maybe good for a quick walk if you live nearby. But not worth the effort of a special trip. After hiking in nearby Big South Fork, the area is very loud with fishing boats and very disturbed. I decided to quit after about 10 minutes because of the noise, boat fumes, trash on the trail and general poor conditions. Again, good for a local person, not worth a special trip.

I didnt get completely finished with this trail.....had an accident but I did about half and it was easy and very pretty.

This was an easy trail. Loved the view! The trees were beautiful!

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Monday, October 04, 2010

This is my Go-To hike!!! It is where I go to to get away from it all. Only about 10 minutes from my apartment. Has it all, rock climbing, some stairs if you want to be a little safer ;-), the lake, well worn paths, my grand son's boy scout troop even put some benches through out the trail as Eagle Scout project a couple years ago. You do gain some elevation so you can work up a good sweat in just a short period of time. Awesome trail.