Laurel River Lake Trail

Laurel River Lake Trail is a 2.9 mile loop trail located near Corbin, Kentucky that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and rock climbing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Nice walk around the lake! We were coming off illness (but needed to stretch our legs) and looking for an easy Sunday hike. Also wanted something relatively dry (no creek crossings) as it wasn't an especially warm day. This checked all the boxes. Minimal elevation changes and obstacles. Easy to follow trail (you take the road back to complete the loop). Expect to see lots of lake views, accessible beach areas, and some rock formations. Also, lots of trash. Like a lot :-(. I'm sure on a summer day it would be a different experience with lots of boat traffic as well, but the lake was fairly quiet on this March day. I had a toddler in a backpack carrier (and a baby in my belly), and an 8 year old on foot - the loop took about 2 hours with plenty of breaks to skip stones and play.

Beautiful lakeside early March hike. We found a small beach to stop for a quick lunch and just to enjoy the lake with no boats and no one else around. It’s a super simple hike. You will need a map as the trail is not marked until you get right up on it. There are benches throughout the trail overlooking the lake you need a little break. We also found picnic tables and grills at the end of the trail we didn’t see when we piled up so that was a nice little surprise. Excited to come back in the summer when it warmer to float and grill! ***** There IS lots so trash

Easy and nice trail. Overlook was cool

very senic

Saturday, April 15, 2017

good scenery, easy hike

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

not marked. you need this app to stay on the trail.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

loud boats. trash. maybe good for a quick walk if you live nearby. But not worth the effort of a special trip. After hiking in nearby Big South Fork, the area is very loud with fishing boats and very disturbed. I decided to quit after about 10 minutes because of the noise, boat fumes, trash on the trail and general poor conditions. Again, good for a local person, not worth a special trip.

Friday, February 10, 2017

I didnt get completely finished with this trail.....had an accident but I did about half and it was easy and very pretty.

Monday, November 07, 2016

This was an easy trail. Loved the view! The trees were beautiful!

Monday, October 04, 2010

This is my Go-To hike!!! It is where I go to to get away from it all. Only about 10 minutes from my apartment. Has it all, rock climbing, some stairs if you want to be a little safer ;-), the lake, well worn paths, my grand son's boy scout troop even put some benches through out the trail as Eagle Scout project a couple years ago. You do gain some elevation so you can work up a good sweat in just a short period of time. Awesome trail.

Friday, February 17, 2017