Lake Malone State Park Laurel Trail

Lake Malone State Park Laurel Trail is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Belton, Kentucky that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and camping and is accessible year-round.

cave

Nice

Good trail love the ferns,creek crossings, and rock formations. Benches and picnic tables are +. Wondered off main trail so not so clear, ended up with more seed ticks than could count. A good traill to do cooler months. Countless deer even 1 running in front of us on trail

It had been years since I hiked this trail. A lot of the trail markers are missing now and locals have made an alternate four wheeler trail that connects to the Laurel trail. As the trails are not clearly marked it would be quite easy to get lost in the woods or wander onto the adjacent private property. Judging from some of the more recent reviews I have to say this happens quite a bit.

Update. The Park Ranger's office was open today and I was able to get an updated map. There is one new trail. The Twisted Tree Trail which branches off from the Laurel Trail. There are four wheeler trails which branch off onto private property, but the trail loops back around. The Twisted Tree Trail is more clearly marked than the Laurel Trail but there is a stream to cross on this trail with no bridge as of yet.

This trail is now almost 9 miles long. Great for mountain biking and hiking.

The trail was fun for the family and dog. Not sure it had a definite end to it. There was alot of leaves and eventually lost where we were and turned around.

Sunday, August 16, 2015

We really enjoyed it. The trails were clear. There were quite a few rock formations that the kids really enjoyed. There is a junction where, if you are starting the hike along the water, you can either take a trail west, or continue east. If you are just wanting to hike the Laurel Trail, continue east. The other trail seems to be a bit newer and we weren't really sure where it went or how long it was. We hiked it for about half a mile before we turned back.

Overall this is a nice, short trail though. I'd love to come back in the fall and see the lake with the different color leaves.

Monday, July 09, 2012

Sweet little trail. Perfect for families as my 4 year old hiked it easily!

Sunday, August 08, 2010

Camped out here countless times since I was a child. I Love this campground and it's honestly one of my very favorites. It's not a large camp ground it has a few trails around for hiking a small beach for swimming and primitive and developed camp sites. It is beautiful particularly in the Fall of the year.

Saturday, November 12, 2016