Koomer Ridge Trail

Koomer Ridge Trail is a 8.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pine Ridge, Kentucky that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great hike.

This trail contains Silvermine Arch and Hidden Arch. Both were neat, but since it hasn't rained in a while, the falls were non-existent. Would be better after some rain.

Great hike! Less cliffs and more forest hiking, but I'd still rate it a 6/10 for difficulty, mainly due to the distance. Some stream crossovers and fairly steep hills to traverse.
Me, my wife, our dog and our three kids (ages 5, 7 & 11) conquered this trail in roughly 6.5 hours. We took plenty of breaks and had lunch near an awesome stream!

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Friday, September 16, 2016

Well maintained trail. About 1300 ft ups and downs. Need to revisit when the rhododendrons are in bloom!

Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Great

Monday, September 22, 2014

Just took this hike today it was great.

Monday, June 30, 2014

Great hike with lots to see

Sunday, April 13, 2014

One of the regions best trails! Vistas abound on this fairly basic trail that mostly follows an essentially flat ridgeline or makes its way downhill into the valley where it meets up with a great stream. After over 10 yrs of hiking The Red this and the rough trail are my favorites...and I make sure i visit it every time I go. Should be at the top of your to do list if you haven't been there.

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Sunday, March 09, 2014

I walked up and down this trail! And looked for that lookout point and couldn't find it! Where is it?!