Kiser Hollow Trail is a 1.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Olive Hill, Kentucky that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and camping and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.3 miles Elevation Gain: 141 feet Route Type: Loop

9 mile multi-use trail at Carter Caves State Park that starts and ends at the horse stables. This hike passes through the Tygart State Forest, the Smokey Creek valley and a couple old homesteads in Kiser Hollow.

Hiked the 1.3 mile loop yesterday with a friend and her 2 boys, 8 yrs old and 6 yrs old. Just the right length for them- we were almost to the end before the “Mommy I’m tired” and “I’m bored” set in, lol. They enjoyed looking for the yellow blazes and poison ivy, and I enjoyed the spring flowers along the path. Trail was well marked and in good shape except for a few mud holes from horse traffic.

Wed May 08 2019

This trail is not limited to the 1.3 mile recorded section. That recorded trail is actual 1.0 miles of the Kiser Trail and 0.3 miles of the 4 C's Trail. The entire Kiser Trail is 8.6 miles and is better described in the "Description" section that lists it as a 9 mile multi-use trail. The entirety of the Kiser trail includes additional scenery that includes a short side hike (about 200 feet) to Shangri La (or Shangra La as spelled on park maps) Arch and a couple of old homestead ruins in addition to a longer more remote hike.

Thu Apr 04 2019

Minor hike for Carter Caves, no special scenic area on the trail.

Tue Jan 22 2019

secluded which I liked. doesn't seem like its traveled much. only came upon it hunting since it is in the tygart state Forrest.

Fri Jul 26 2013

Well I went out to run this trail a few days ago.it ended up being 60/40 trail run/ hike. The trail was in very sloppy shape. It was more obstacle course than trail run... In fact, this would make a very good training course for Tough Mudder, as I fell in the mud a couple times and even lost my shoe to a mud pit once. And when the trail wasn't insanely steep, rocky and/or muddy, there was a lot of thorny overgrowth. Again, not much to look at along the way. I think I'm done with this trail for a while.

Thu Jul 18 2013

I hiked this once last summer. Not a lot to look at considering the distance. Good variety of terrain, however, and I plan to revisit soon to run this trail.

Sat Apr 23 2016