Kentucky River Palisades Trail is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Nicholasville, Kentucky that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Great for a day hike.

Fun trail. Make sure to start at the trailhead on the left of the parking lot. makes the stairs not so bad. Knights Ferry trail is almost completely grown up so we didn't get to see a lot of the river.

Wear long pants. Pretty trail, a little confusing at times with side trails. No spectacular views. Dog friendly; they loved it.

Nice hike, but couldn’t get close to the river because of thick sticky fresh mud. Trail was a bit muddy in spots. Beautiful views though!

Thursday, October 26, 2017

love this hike,right behind where I live

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Really enjoyed the scenery. Could be more navigation signs posted. Easy to follow trail until you get close to the end. There are a couple large decline on the trail. Over all good trail!

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

It's a good hike but sometimes the trail can be really overgrown so keep that in mind before you go. I've actually lost the trail before when going closer to the river. But it's a pretty area and doesn't get that crowded.

Monday, July 10, 2017

not a bad trail, I didn't see anyone on it until I was back at the parking lot. I wish I would've also gone on knight's ferry I think it's called because that goes to river. I got to see a couple deer also!

Saturday, July 01, 2017

A very pleasant yet engaging trail. Not too crowded, and plenty of deer and birds to spot.

Thursday, June 08, 2017

Easy trail and nice views but you can hear a lot of road traffic.

Friday, February 10, 2017

Nice easy trail. offers good water views. Dogs aren't allowed.

Tuesday, February 07, 2017

slippery when wet! info failed to mention "no dogs allowed"

Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Wonderful trail I've hiked many times. Beautiful scenery!

Monday, October 31, 2016

nice walk.. beautiful scenery..

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Beautiful hike today! Just a few slippery spots, but overall perfect.

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Great hike!

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Nice little hike...

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Quiet, fun little hike. Truly slippery when wet and muddy however!

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

very slippery when damp

Friday, May 27, 2016

perfect length.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

great trail. 1.94 miles around then 2.10 miles back as I added in the Knights ferry section. shade the whole way. rained heavy night before so lots of mud. saw one person the whole time. very lightly used. easy to follow with the orange tree markers.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

This trail was great from my 4 & 5 year old daughters! They had a lot of fun and made it through the whole trail with a minimum number of breaks which was great for their very first trail!

Friday, March 25, 2016

Lovely

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Nice walk on a good trail.

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Just finished hiking on the trails. The view of the river and the palisades was breath taking and was enhanced due to the fallen leaves. I would definitely recommend this trail to everyone. There are two things to note as they apply to me: (1. This is not stroller friendly, so leave it at the car. (2. If you have little ones keep a good eye on them some of the parts of the trail are very steep and some of the footing can be difficult. Over all I am extremely satisfied with this experience.

Monday, September 07, 2015

Just ran the trail last night and enjoyed it. For trail running, it's pretty technical with some really good climbs. For hiking, my family and I love it!

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Great trail for solitude. My son and I did the loop twice, and over the course of 3 hours, we didn't encounter anyone. The views are limited this time of year because of the foliage. I would recommend fall or winter.

Sunday, February 01, 2015

Great little trail. My wife and I hiked for around an hour and a half. Awesome views if visited during the right season. I would consider the trails light to moderate. Trail is easy to follow, no need for many signs. We hiked on 2/1/15. If leaves are on the trees there will not be much to view. Highly recommend this hike for anyone during the fall and winter seasons

Sunday, November 09, 2014

Wonderful outing - but with leaves down it was extremely easy to lose the trail!! Bring a map! The initial descent is steep, but uphill is all very gradual. Beautiful views and interesting stone features. I would definitely do this one again!

Friday, September 12, 2014

Beautiful short loop. Great for a quick running workout. The last few weeks spiderwebs across the trail have been kind of bad. Love this one though!