Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Incinerator and Bates-Coombs and Train Surfer Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(14)
Devou Park

Incinerator and Bates-Coombs and Train Surfer Loop is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Covington, Kentucky that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

Distance: 3.5 miles Elevation Gain: 452 feet Route Type: Loop

Its well maintained even in muddy patches. Definitely a shared trail w bikers - which was fine. Dont expect a Nature trail...not much to see beyond the incinerator ... but it was a great break and we had a lovely time- although I probably won’t go back

Took the kids on this trail today. It was our first time ! We all enjoyed it very much. A little muddy in some places but overall not bad at all. There were plenty of places to rest along the trail. Definitely will be back !!!

Tried this trail as our first hike of the year. The first 30% of the trail wore my legs out. Definitely deserves the moderate rating. Trail was slightly muddy, but better than most. Various opportunities to lengthen the 3.5 mile. Solid trail. Recommended.

Great trail. There were a good amount of people there but it was very easy to get away from people on the trails. Very pretty this time of year with many flowers and trees.

Super muddy after a good soaking rain. I’ll be back when it dries out. Also... mainly aimed at mountain biking instead of hiking.

Tue Apr 23 2019

Great trail done by CORA!! Kudos to you guys. Decided to change my original route. Not as in shape as I thought I was. Started up the incinerator, changed over to the bates-coomb trail to get back.

Longer than 3.5 miles. My favorite trail in the area.

Sat Dec 16 2017