Honker Lake Trail

Honker Lake Trail is a 5.4 mile loop trail located near Kuttawa, Kentucky that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

This is one of my favorites. There is a steep spot with loose footing. There is wood on either side of the trail there to use to bear crawl up. If going down that side, I tend to crab walk/scoot down on my butt as opposed to risk falling halfway through.

Great place to take kids, easy trail different types of nature you have the lake and wooded areas. Tons of birds and great views of Eagles. Wonderful yellow flowers everywhere. All around wonderful great place.

Close to home and peaceful

Just did this trail today. We chose it because it said it was over 5 miles. When I tracked it on my phone, it said it was 4.7 miles instead. Most of the trail is in the forested area. About halfway through the lake will be on either side of you which is lovely. The trail is not paved and is marked with white diamonds on the trees. Overall, I will be coming back again.

Wife and I did this trail a couple weekends ago. Enjoyed. Seen lots of birds and quite a bit of beaver activity.

Loved this trail! Plenty of forest, wildlife and lake views.

Wife and I rocked this trail in 1:45 with some stops for pics and such. It's in great fall shape and the colors are remarkable.

Enjoyed a great hike at Honker Lake.

Great 2 hour hike

Great trail, we'll marked. Nice variety in scenery.

Great hike! Good for a family day hike. Trail is well maintained and marked. The beach at the dam makes a great stop for a break an snack, you can even swim there if you're not afraid of the muddy water.

Saturday, June 04, 2016

Great trail, lots of fun!

Sunday, May 08, 2016