Honker Lake Trail

Honker Lake Trail is a 5.4 mile loop trail located near Kuttawa, Kentucky that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Trail has a lot to offer beautiful flowers spider lilys and the lotus on lake is in full bloom now. Lakes gives welcome breeze when walking over dam. Easy long stroll about 2 hours to finish, only person on trail was naturalist talking of cottonmouth he saw that got my heart rate up close to area I was standing. Fun trail!!

Easy loop hike for all ages, crosses a couple bridges, lots of neat flora and trees here as well. Walking between the two lakes is a very windy but peaceful experience.

Great trail with scenic views and tranquility. Easy for kids too!

This is a beautiful trail. I enjoyed the birds, deer and the pretty lake views. I did wish for some benches along the way.

Great hike. Beautiful, peaceful

This is one of my favorites. There is a steep spot with loose footing. There is wood on either side of the trail there to use to bear crawl up. If going down that side, I tend to crab walk/scoot down on my butt as opposed to risk falling halfway through.

Great place to take kids, easy trail different types of nature you have the lake and wooded areas. Tons of birds and great views of Eagles. Wonderful yellow flowers everywhere. All around wonderful great place.

Close to home and peaceful

Just did this trail today. We chose it because it said it was over 5 miles. When I tracked it on my phone, it said it was 4.7 miles instead. Most of the trail is in the forested area. About halfway through the lake will be on either side of you which is lovely. The trail is not paved and is marked with white diamonds on the trees. Overall, I will be coming back again.

Wife and I did this trail a couple weekends ago. Enjoyed. Seen lots of birds and quite a bit of beaver activity.

Loved this trail! Plenty of forest, wildlife and lake views.