Honeymoon Falls Trail

Honeymoon Falls Trail is a 1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Pineville, Kentucky. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options.

An easy, scenic 1.50 mile loop located behind Pine Mountain State Resort Lodge leading to a small waterfall. Beautiful foliage and streams in early Spring and Summer. After the Falls, continuing on the loop, the trail becomes moderate difficulty due to steepness and semi-rugged terrain.

The trail is moderately difficult and would be challenging at times for someone that may have difficulty keeping balance. This trail provides great exercise and a pretty view of a waterfall. For anyone wanting the fastest way to the falls I posted a picture of the entrance you should take. Happy Hiking everyone

Trail was steep walking stick was beneficial on this trail. Lots of tree roots that could trip u up. The trail itself is beautiful and the waterfall was nice to cool down under. Benches were a welcome sight too.

We parked by the zip line start and did this as a 1.8 mile lollipop with three young children. It's not cardio difficult but there is a fair amount of tree roots, rocks, and little steps. There were a lot of little bridges and caves along the way, along with some platforms and benches. The falls are on the west side of the loop so counterclockwise with a lunch stop at the falls made sense. All shaded. Light traffic.

It's absolutely beautiful! Very clear streams and a lot of little bridges along the way. Once we got to the water fall, we rested and turned around and went back the same way. A lot of tree piles along the way as well.

A great trail to hike on but the water fall had very little water running over.

Was quite wet and muddy due to the recent rains. Def wear hiking boots and take a stick or pole.

Loved this hike! A little hard for my daughter who had knee surgery last year and she's 13. But all in all a good workout for sure. The water was a little low but still just an awesome sight to see and very peaceful.

After my hike at Chained Rock Trail. I went to HM Trail before the spring forecast for a tornado. This is a nice trail that contains lots of ups and downs along the route. Trail is welled marked and cleared of downed trees.

Very nice trail, falls was pretty. many down trees and zip line overhead.

Beautiful from start to finish... I feel the rating should be rated EASY. Can't wait to walk it again.

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Cool little hike with a great laid trail. I would probably disagree with it rated moderate, because it is more on the easy side.

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Nice, pretty hike. Fairly easy and the kids enjoyed it. Lots of neat caves and places to explore.

Friday, February 26, 2016

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!! Even in he winter.

Friday, February 26, 2016

I don't give many 5's but this is a beautiful trail. Add to than, plenty of water going over the fall after all the recent rain. We did this a couple days ago.

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Beautiful hike! Really enjoyed the trail while the snow was falling.

Monday, October 28, 2013

A group of us, including some young children, did this hike recently. The "moderate" rating seems about right; there are some fairly steep hills to climb. But the beauty of this trail makes the effort well worth it. The "waterfall" may be a misnomer; there was just a trickle when we were there, but we had just come through a few weeks of little rain. On our hike (on a Saturday afternoon in late October) we saw only one other family near the end of our hike. This was our second time to hike it, and we'll probably do it again at our next reunion.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Great trail. You can add another trail and make it a loop. (You only need to do about 1/4 mile on the park road to get back to your car. Awesome!

Saturday, May 04, 2013

This trail holds a special place in my heart. My dad used to go here when he was a young man and for me to walk in the same area is pretty cool. Highly recommend this one. Great photo ops.

Saturday, May 04, 2013

Nice trail and was surprised to see the 25 ft waterfall. Would recommend this trail.

Tuesday, February 05, 2013

This is a great trail, and the falls area is a great place for photo op's. My 8-year old son had no difficulty hiking it. Beautiful streams, and foliage throughout the trail.