Highland Cemetery Loop

Highland Cemetery Loop is a 2.1 mile loop trail located near Fort Mitchell, Kentucky that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

After growing up in Northern Kentucky I thought I knew every street around. Oddly, I never knew this trail existed. Nice creek, nice inclines for exercise. Some trails are tightly boxed in by undergrowth and thus had lots of spider webs to greet me at 8:30 in the a.m., but still a pleasant discovery.

Only issue I had is that these All Trails directions led me down Highland Avenue for a back entrance, but the gates were locked. Had to go back to cemetery front gate and enter there.

Also, here it says the trail is dog friendly, but there are signs all over the cemetery saying no dogs allowed. I did hike with my beastie boy and there was nobody around to give me any grief.

Love this place! Most of the trails are mostly well-marked, though I do agree that there are some opportunities to get lost. Nonetheless, this is "real" hiking so close to the city.

Definitely need a map! Quickly got lost. Pick up a map at the trailhead, the one hear is not very good. That being said, it's a great place to hike - peaceful, relaxing, beautiful.

Nice loop. Some of the side trails (I’m looking at you Tree Frog) could use better marking.

This is my favorite local trail

YOU WILL NEED A MAP.
Great trail but MUST know where you’re going because it is easy to get lost. Dogs are welcome because there are creeks at various spots along the trail. Don’t recommend belong ALONE. Take a friend.
Also the cemetery road is nice to walk on and there grass all over for your furry animals.

Have fun if you chose to go.