Higginson-Henry Wildlife Management Area Trail

Higginson-Henry Wildlife Management Area Trail is a 5.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Morganfield, Kentucky that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is best used from March until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Nice clear path, and trailheads are marked where I started. Couldn't complete though, due to flooding in the area. I will try again, once everything dries out a little bit more...the only part I'm not liking so far, is that horses have trampled this trail pretty hard. If you hike here, please watch your step, and be mindful of horseshoe 'pitfalls' lol

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Trailheads were iffy all around the park. I only found 2 true trailheads that were well indicated. Those 2 trails were in terrible condition; I even found ATV tracks on the trail which made it even worse. As a hiker to another hiker: leave this area to the horses. Don't waste your time.

Thursday, August 09, 2012

This trail can very muddy after substantial rain or snowmelt. A decent enough place for the terrain, trees and lake, but hikers looking for four star trail should look elsewhere.. Water crossings are rock hops. Appears as an oaisis of trees from the air. Ruins from WWII camp can be clearly seen from trail. Neat.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Walked the trail yesterday with my son. We thoroughly enjoyed it. The trail is clearly marked and has plenty of variation. I would definitely recommend it. Will hike it again!

Saturday, December 03, 2011

I really like the elevation changes and how quiet the area is

Sunday, November 01, 2015