Hematite Lake Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Kuttawa, Kentucky that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 2.4 miles Elevation Gain: 111 feet Route Type: Loop

Great trail!

Work is being done at back side of trail/lake walk.

closed

Trail closed on back side of lake

horrible trail tried to mountain bike it. thankfully saw no snakes except far away in the water I know its nature but some creatures aren't mine to meet. the lillies where pretty and the lake. good for hikers.

bridge out

Board walk is out. You can only out and back each side.

haven't hiked this one in years but it is a nice trail. good place to spend the day. honker trail is also good and nearby.

bridge out

Made it a mile before the trail dead-ends with no signage. Beautiful huge area of Lilly pads about to bloom. Not really worth today's heat and humidity...

bridge out

The lake is very pretty but the trail doesn’t go all the way around the lake that I could find, because the bridge is out. We also saw 3 snakes on the trail.

Only half the trail, cuts off at the board walk

closed

We love this trail, although part was flooded today. We made it through but got wet shoes. Kids had a blast!

bridge out

This is a good quick easy trail. Perfect when you only have time for a quick short planned hike. I always take one of my dogs. They still haven’t gotten the boardwalk fixed from store damage. But the trail now has a detour. In the past we went ahead through the original trail it’s still possible just a little muddy. In the very back of the trail there is a perfect little shallow part of the lake you can venture off to off the trail where we grab a snack and let our dogs run around and play in the water if your willing to get wet. Always a great go to for me and my pups!

great trail have hiked this trail many times over the years easy trail can be snaky so keep an eye out especially toward the back of trail. The smaller bridge was out when we were there in Sept but passable.

One day they will fix the back of the trail, but great trail otherwise! I added a photo of some Hematite we found on the trail.

Still being repaired from storm damage but a great trail with a beautiful view.

This was my first trail hike in the LBL. I've taken my kids and grandkids a few times and always enjoy it very much

Sun Oct 14 2018

I love this place! I've been coming here since I was kid and I'm 31 years old now I am lucky to live here near Land Between the Lakes! there used to be a little peer with a cabin that you can hang out in... it's stretched all the way to the middle of the lake but they took it down for some reason, oh well still a good place to go I highly recommend it.

Wed Aug 15 2018

Unfortunately the lake was very stagnant making the views “Ok”. Did love all the water lily....made it a worthwhile hike. Unfortunately couldn’t do the full loop due to the connecting path being destroyed by storms

Mon Aug 06 2018

Had a good time with my son! Easy and fun! Got 1.5 miles into the hike and got turned around by workers rebuilding the boardwalk! Said it was too dangerous to go any further... I mentioned a sign would have been nice... they said someone tore the signs down and they needed to put more up... I was thinking maybe you could have done that on your way out but I didn’t... they were nice guys! A 2.6 mile hike turned into a 2.9 Hike and had fun...

Mon May 21 2018

boardwalk currently very rough. torn up by a storm. still possible not very smooth.