Hawk Creek Valley Suspension Bridge Trail

Hawk Creek Valley Suspension Bridge Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near London, Kentucky that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice day trek with plenty of water along the way for our dog. Very neat bridge with a nice creek to stop and take some pictures at before making the hike back. Remember its almost uphill the whole way back.

It was an absolutely beautiful trail! Between the mountain laurel trees, flowers, small waterfalls and streams, it just made a well rounded hike.

Great hike with some good hills and beautiful rock formations and creek crossings. Every time I go though I notice others have left trash camping past the bridge. Unfortunate to soil such a pretty place. LNT

We had a great hike here today. Perfect trail and absolutely love the suspense bridge!

Great hike
♥️

Beautiful trail in the woods, nice and shaded. Lots of water crossings after the rain but was pretty dry right now. I clocked it at 3.3 miles, gorgeous rock formations and a cute suspension bridge at the end.

Great trail! It was raining the first half of our hike but it was worth it. We were worried about the ground being slick but it wasn’t bad at all. Definitely recommend this trail.

Beautiful trail even in the cold spring/winter weather this year....will be back again!

Great hike with beautiful scenery the whole way. Bridge was awesome and just as enjoyable for adults as it is for kids. My son and I both had a blast.

Kid friendly and a great place for lunch just past the bridge

Loved this little section of Sheltowee Trace!! We walked out to the suspension bridge and back. We walked around the creek and fund some really great camping spots close by. There was a small waterfall along the way which always makes for an exciting hike. Definitely going to use this a starting point for one of our Sheltowee Trace straight through hikes! Walking out was a lot easier than I anticipated it to be. The last ridge is the KILLER and you’ll know when you get there! Happy Hiking

Probably one of the prettiest hikes I’ve been on in a while. The suspension bridge is great, but there is so much more to see!

Really enjoyable hike. About as wet as it gets right now (Whitley county is under flood warnings), so the trail was slick, but doable. I had an 18 month old on my back, and an 8 year old on foot - took about 2 hours round trip with some timeouts for off trail exploration. Path is well marked and clear from most debris (just a couple of downed trees that were very manageable). Four creek crossings (not sure if that's typical), two waterfalls, moss covered rock formations, and a suspension bridge. Great setup for camping on other side of bridge - will be back in warmer temps to make use of it.

A great hike,Hoss came with me and it was beautifull!!! Had fun and huge cliffs and huge rocks everywhere,loved the suspension bridge!!!

super nice winter hike. cliff lines were layered with icicles, frozen waterfall, & snow covered trail added to beauty

its a nice hike, just not a lot to see.

A lot of uphill on the way back but pretty views. There were no leaves on the trees so you could see pretty far.

Quick trip if you just have a couple of hours.

This trail never gets boring. Exciting and beautiful views!

Monday, August 28, 2017

great trail, well blazed moderate hike, suspension bridge was fun (about 60' long over the creek). Is a small section of the Sheltowee Trace trail (section 100)

Sunday, July 30, 2017

We've done this trail 2 times! We loved it!

Sunday, July 23, 2017

A nice trail. Some good rock formations.

Monday, July 10, 2017

Nice trail. Waterfall, creeks, rock formations...very enjoyable hike.

Sunday, July 09, 2017

Beautiful trail very technical terrain for mountain biking

Monday, June 19, 2017

Nice trail. Well maintained for the most part, just one tree across the trail we had to negotiate. Took my boys down for an overnighter, we decided to head back out before dark. Did catch a few small fish and left the next camper a nice pile of firewood.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

First time here! First time in the dark! Loved this trail, definitely not easy lol. Hubby, kids and I made it to the bridge and back. Definitely want to go again when there's more daylight but when you work, you get it in when you can.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Pretty good hike!! I definitely wouldn't call it easy!! Very hard for kids! Beautiful creek and waterfalls. Be prepared for a lot of up hill hiking.

Sunday, April 30, 2017

I took an 8 and 5 year old with me. The incline coming back out was a bit to much for them. I would call this a moderate trail.

Sunday, April 02, 2017

There are no signs telling you where the trail is. There's a trail across the road, and one right next to the parking area. Would've been much easier if we weren't lost on the other side of the road for 30 minutes.

Thursday, March 09, 2017

Trail was great ... really liked the cliff lines and the bridge at the end.