Harrod's Creek Trail is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Prospect, Kentucky that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Enjoyed it. Was more easy than moderate with exception of the big hill on backside (orange trail). Couldn’t get to he waterfall because it was across the creek and it was 30 degrees outside but could see it from a distance and hear it. Will be back in summer.

nice area . paddle boating, hiking.

We enjoyed kayaking and then hiking to the waterfall. Very pretty. I did unknowingly get into some poison ivy so be aware that it’s along the path to the waterfall.

It was a nice trail well maintained, easy to access. Great for a Sunday hike close to the city!!

Easy but interesting hike with lots of little rocks passages and foot bridges to make things interesting. Some views of the valley and Harrod's creek. Passed by two swinging benches in shaded areas. Friendly passerby.

Beautiful hike with lots of good views. My dog really enjoyed playing in the river. We took the blue trail to the orange. Orange is a lot hotter with little shade but its short. My only caution is that there is a LOT of poison ivy so kids should be watched carefully!

Easier than I was expecting with lots of benches and seating. I stopped to read by the creek about half way through and still finished in about an hour and a half.

Great hike, a little of everything! Love the swings over looking the water. Good little workout! Love the scenery

I loved how shaded it was and all the greenery! It was fun to hike along side the creek and listen to all the birds. I also loved that the orange trail had several look out points with swinging benches.

A good trail but easy to get confused which color blaze to follow once you get deep into the woods and away from river.

Nice, easy hike that’s easy for the everyone to do. Even the kiddos can master this one. The creek was closed from the flooding when I went, but when you can access the creek, it’s fun to let the kids and dogs play around.

Beautiful trail. But, the best treat - - saw two pairs of American Bald Eagles doing a ballet overhead. When I got lower by the creek, one large Male Eagle was perched in a tree. What a site to behold! Fantastic hike and great way to spend a winter morning in late January.

Perfect trails to hike with your dog.

Thursday, November 23, 2017

Well maintained trail. Moderately challenging run.

Monday, September 18, 2017

Love this park because it is never busy! The start/end is a bit steep, but you can drive down to the parking lot if that's an issue for you. Most people have their (well-behaved) dogs off leash.

Sunday, September 03, 2017

great trails and signs, impossible to get lost

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Nice trail for a quick hike. Went with our two young kids. Great morning activity, friendly passerbys.

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Great hike!

Sunday, June 04, 2017

Friday, June 02, 2017

Prospect gem...well maintained and managed. Outstanding trails to hike with your dog.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Excellent hike thru the woods that ends at the creek. Good place for my dog to romp around. Cross the creek (requires wading) - going toward the rapids. Follow up to an eye-catching waterfall!

Saturday, April 08, 2017

Really nice park with good trails. My new favorite trail running training spot.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

loved this hike it was the best hike I've been on that I've found so far it's amazing for wildlife absolutely beautiful the trails were clearly marked we took Blue Trail down and orange trail out it was just really calm no people really peaceful Birds everywhere even seen a crane eating fish was just an amazing adventure rock walls were cool it was just amazing I will go many many more times Trail was rated moderate but I didn't find it to be very hard at all

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Unexpectedly beautiful park in the center of a prominent neighborhood. Park has great moderate trails and a beautiful creek! We hiked all 4trails (blue, green, red, orange), red and green dead end, but blue and orange are great there and backs. 5stars!

Monday, February 06, 2017

It was very nice change of pace from walking sidewalks. :)