Gunpowder Creek Park

Gunpowder Creek Park is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Burlington, Kentucky that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Absolutely beautiful place. The creek was a pain to get too but well worth it once we got down there. The hill on the other hand to go back up can kiss my butt. I lost my water somewhere and it was a really hot day and had to keep sitting down because I thought I was going to pass out and not one person who walked by me and my son asked if I was okay. Other then that the creek was worth the hike.

Excellent location for creeking....but as with any creek...lots of rocks and difficult footing in the stream bed. Creek is wide and filled with small fish, snakes, etc. The surrounding trail features a steep hill down into the creek valley that might be difficult for some, though my 5 and 7 year old's were able to negotiate it with no problem.

This trail isn't too bad. The very long hill you have to go down and then back up at the end was very challenging for me, the out of shape, unseasoned hiker. Had a hard time trying to figure out which direction to go.

less of a hike and more of a nice walk with some nice views of Gunpowder Creek. The hill at the trail head is a bear on the way out.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Loved walking to the lovely creek. Didn't get to explore all the trails so I'll be going back again.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Awesome trail!!!!

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

This is a beautiful little trail wth lots of side trails to explore the stream. We did it twice to get more mileage and loved the incline work going down the first 1/4 mile and going back up it at the end.

Sunday, April 30, 2017

This trail is had lots of ups and downs, but you don't see any houses while walking. I do not recommend taking a stroller.

Monday, April 10, 2017

We had a blast here. The kids found all kids of cool creature's. Great family hike.

Sunday, April 09, 2017

easy hike. a lot of water.fun for whole family.even the furry ones

Saturday, October 29, 2016

I really enjoyed this trail. I had my 17 month old on my back and we had a lot of fun exploring!

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Time out your visit. The trail is small and perfect for a spontaneous outting in the evening or morning... Can get a little muddy of soaked if still wet. Also in the summer can get very crowded with webs, and overgrown plants. All-in-all Family friendly. An awesome time in the fall, winter, and spring!!

Littered garbage along the trails ):

Monday, July 11, 2016

Thick with trees and spider webs. I probably knocked down 30 webs along the path to avoid walking into them. You will need to clear the path with a stick as you walk the trail. Otherwise very beautiful. The river is nice. We only ran into two other people.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Small section good for swimming

Sunday, June 05, 2016

beautiful place a lot to explore

Saturday, April 16, 2016

perfect for a family to hike and picnic

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

this is a amazing place, easy hike and great for kids.

Saturday, March 12, 2016

We really enjoyed this trail and exploring everything around it

Tuesday, August 04, 2015

I really enjoyed this trail. There is a rope swing that you have to walk a little further to find but nonetheless an enjoyable afternoon walk. I brought a buddy and a girl and we ended up running 1/4 of it and it was a great cardio workout adding to the steep incline at the beginning and the end. kind of romantic to watch the creek flowing.

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Not bad going in. Nice time letting the kids look for crawfish, snakes, and salamander. Very enjoyable quiet, a little garbage from run off otherwise very good trail experience. Did have to give the kids one break coming back out. The incline kicked their buts.

Friday, June 20, 2014

Beautiful creek, the trail is steep, definitely not fit for strollers but a really nice workout and beautiful view at the bottom.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Nice easy trail. The creek is beautiful and is fun to go creeking in, if you like to do that; Which I do :) Great for a family outing and its a nice NKY trail