Gunpowder Creek Park

Gunpowder Creek Park is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Burlington, Kentucky that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Awesome trail!!!!

This is a beautiful little trail wth lots of side trails to explore the stream. We did it twice to get more mileage and loved the incline work going down the first 1/4 mile and going back up it at the end.

This trail is had lots of ups and downs, but you don't see any houses while walking. I do not recommend taking a stroller.

We had a blast here. The kids found all kids of cool creature's. Great family hike.

easy hike. a lot of water.fun for whole family.even the furry ones

I really enjoyed this trail. I had my 17 month old on my back and we had a lot of fun exploring!

Time out your visit. The trail is small and perfect for a spontaneous outting in the evening or morning... Can get a little muddy of soaked if still wet. Also in the summer can get very crowded with webs, and overgrown plants. All-in-all Family friendly. An awesome time in the fall, winter, and spring!!

Littered garbage along the trails ):

Thick with trees and spider webs. I probably knocked down 30 webs along the path to avoid walking into them. You will need to clear the path with a stick as you walk the trail. Otherwise very beautiful. The river is nice. We only ran into two other people.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Small section good for swimming

Sunday, June 05, 2016

beautiful place a lot to explore

Monday, April 25, 2016