Green River Bluffs Trail

Green River Bluffs Trail is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mammoth Cave, Kentucky that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

A point to point trail going from the picnic area down to the Green River along the bluffs.

My husband and I took our pit bull and Bassett with us on this trip. It was a good hike, especially for dogs!

Wasn't too difficult and had a beautiful overlook on the trail.

Hiked this trail late May and it was absolutely beautiful! It was very well kept and was marked well. The loop has many places where you can cut the hike short and head to the visitor center. We did a 4.25 mile hike in the morning and caught a cave tour in the afternoon.

I started at the trailhead near the picnic area and looped into the River Styx Trail. I was planning on looping into the Dixon Trail and back again for one big loop but my dog was getting tired! The trail itself is really nice and easily manageable, lots of pretty scenery, and not too strenuous. I went later in the afternoon and it wasn't highly trafficked which I prefer. My dog thought it was awesome! Hope to complete the full loop between the three trails next time!

We went at 6:30, and didn't see another person until we we're within view of the visitor center. It was the first "real" trail for our kids (ages 8 and 5), and they loved it! Their favorite part was seeing the wildlife. We counted 16 deer, 3 turkeys, 1 turtle, and numerous creepy-crawlies including snakes (only 2), spiders, and caterpillars. There were plenty of gorgeous spots to take breaks, and the challenging portions were just long enough to build their endurance but short enough to keep their interest (and the whining that accompanies being 5) at bay. It was an easy family hike, and we can't wait to return.

Nice almost 5 mile loop plenty to look at areas of interest to deviate off the path.

Interesting trail that you can customize with other trails to make a loop. A cave and overlooks highlight this trail.

This loop consists of numerous trails, and it offers a nice tour of Mammoth Cave's surface features, which include Mammoth Dome sink, two large springs (outflows for cave water), and Green River views. Starts at the Visitor Center, so nice hike to take while you are waiting for a cave tour.

Not great, a lot of climbing for no views of the river. Eco springs trail was more enjoyable.