Gray's Arch Trail Loop

Gray's Arch Trail Loop is a 3.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Slade, Kentucky that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Hiking the loop counter clockwise is suggested since the path down rough trail from the escarpment is easier to spot going downhill. It's a beautiful trial with gorgeous views from the bluffs.

Nice trail. Mostly shaded, lots of elevation changes, plus nice views.

I enjoy this trail very much. i have hiked there and camped there. great overlooks

Hiked this past Saturday morning. Great hike. Was able to see more this time. Hiked in January 2016 and the trail was fog covered the entire time.

Excellent hike. Saw lots of lizards and a copperhead. Trail is in good shape.

Difficult for me because we did the 9.4 mile trip that included Rough Trail. The incredible views over the bluffs and Gray’s Arch made it worth it! Stay focused coming out because trails sometimes appear to go left which take you to the edge of a bluff.

great views. Trail marking is sketchy in places.

A nice trail. The arch was cool and a decent view at the beginning/end depending on which way you go.

If you are looking for the easy part of Gray's Arch trail, I would suggest just making an in and out trip from the campsite. It's a beautiful hike but I would call it more moderate than easy.

Good tree coverage so it is perfect even for a hot day. Perfect to take the dog.

Wonderful trail spotted lots of lizards

Love this trail.

Well worth the hike

This trail was more impressive than I expected, particularly the basin area below the arch and the arch itself, which is massive. The elevation change will get your heart thumping.

Great hike if your a beginner, but I would go in off of Martin’s Fork. It’s about 6 total miles. The day before we took Koomers Ridge and that was about 16 miles.
For me, as my first hike, my feet were not used to it.

My girlfriend, doggo, and I did this trail yesterday. We started on the Pinch-Em then took connector trail that connected with Gray's Arch about a mile before the actual. The Arch was awesome and jumps out at you out of nowhere, its great place for a snack/lunch break. The trail includes a couple of creek crossing, two descents via wooden stairs, and a mild ascent/descent. I would suggest this trail to anybody visiting the area looking a good day hike.

Be aware that if you are starting from Pinch-Em that the Tunnel Bridge Road is closed to cars, you can still walk across the bridge, it just adds about twenty minutes to your hike.

A friend and I took our kids on an overnight hike on this trail. We had a 8, 7, 5 year old boys. They did well. The Arch is nice. A lot of people on this trail. There seems to be one area that’s popular for camping. Maybe because there is a stream there for water filtering. We found a baby copperhead 3 feet from our tent. A steep part of the trail has wooden steps. When the kids started complaining I told them it’s an Antique escalator. This kids you have to walk up. I also had them make up hiking/marching songs. All three kids was singing a different song. Good times.

One of our favorite trails ever!!!

Hiked Grays Arch, Rough trail and Pinch’em Tight over 2 days and one overnight primitive camping in the deep woods.
Excellent adventure

Hiked to the arch and back (not the loop) Sunday. It was pretty crowded since the weather was nice. Trail is well maintained. To the arch is easy, back to trail head is mostly up hill, lots of steps, lots of incline. Arch is beautiful. Wish I would have done the loop. The other half is rough trail and everyone on the path said don’t do it just go back, but after more review online it sounds like the rough path side is fine and I could have managed it as an intermediate hiker. Will definitely go back to do the full loop.

If this is hard, Indian Staircase should also be hard. But this is a really nice trail that I'd happily do again.

Great arch with nice vistas. I would rate this trail moderate as opposed to hard. There was a lot of human waste near the arch in areas where you could explore - gross.

Popular trail. Ran the trail down to the steps that get you to the arch and then climbed up the back of the arch using the provided rope. It was aweeeesome! Will definitely do it again :)

Beautiful hike.

Easy trail...

Great trail.

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Eat your Wheaties.

Saturday, July 29, 2017

This has a diverse amount of sites-naturally the arch which is amazing, abstract-like rock formations, native forest, babbling creek to cross a few times and a rock vantage point to appreciate the vista while eating lunch.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

can be used as a connector trail, but is a great trail on its own. there are several nice views, a few good camping spots, and easy ridge top walking. This trail by itself is only about 1 mile, it would be a nice hike in the fall.

Sunday, July 09, 2017

Parked at the picnic area, and, after starting towards the trail head, we remembered the previous comments stating to go counter-clockwise. This requires walking out to the road and starting with directions for the "pinch-em-tight" trail. Near the end of the loop, we explored off trail and climbed up to the under side of Gray's Arch. We call this a happy accident! Fairly low traffic on the loop and perfect weather. We would visit again!

Friday, July 07, 2017

Amazing views, hiking, elevation changes and people along the trail. Great if you want to challenge yourself as the second half has quite the climb up.