Flat Lick Falls Trail

Flat Lick Falls Trail is a 0.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Mildred, Kentucky that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

We enjoyed this trail this morning. The blacktop path was nice but exploring the trails along the creek were the best!
Not your typical “hiking trail” but great for pictures and a cool dip in the pool below the falls.
Great parking and great starter hike for the little ones!

Really enjoyed this one. There was no one out and about for the most part the day we went. Hiked down the trails to the falls and swam underneath. very beautiful.

Worth the trip down to the base of the falls. Wish I had trunks to swim under the falls, around 14 feet deep. If you have a dog, they can get to the base of the falls without having to wade up stream. Go early morning and its empty.

Easy trail, great for families. Beautiful waterfall.

One of my favorite destinations in KY. this are is pretty easy hiking and at the right time the waterfall is simply magical. At it's trailhead there is a large picnic area. The trail is easy to follow and there are areas to set up campsites. The only downside to the place stems from the places visitors that obviously are unaware of the "leave no trace" concept. I went once after memorial day and there was trash littered everywhere.

One of the most beautiful places in Kentucky.

Gorgeous waterfall but the hike was very short...This would be great for someone who can’t hike far. To get to the lower part of the Falls you follow the path straight back and it will take you down to the water where you walk through the water back up to the lower part of the falls. We hung out for quite awhile. Very beautiful place with a peaceful ambiance to it. Definitely recommend it.

Easy to access via a paved trail. There's a dirt path that leads down to the creek and then back to the waterfall. Easy walk for my 4 and 8 year old.

Nice view. Only traveled the paved way down. Wasn't sure how to get to the lower part of the fall.

This place is beautiful. You can view the water fall from every angle. highly recommend!

My 2 year old and I hiked this! It's sooo amazingly beautiful! The ledge down the creek bed to see the falls better was scary but its worth it!

Great place to hike with two young boys. Not to mention all the childhood memories this place holds for me.

Nice little hike. Very peaceful! We took our 16 month old and she loved it. There was only one hill we had to carry her down and she was able to walk the rest of the way. Short, easy trail.

As teenagers before it became a actual trail, friends and I would go there to jump off falls! Great to see it get turned into a spot for everyone to enjoy!!

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Easy, well maintained blacktop trail leads to the gorgeous falls.

Friday, June 16, 2017

Beautiful but too crowded

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Easy trail

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Very scenic trail. The falls is pretty and the rest of the trail along the creek is worth the short hike as well. We took our 3 year old and she was able to walk most of the time. We will go back.

Monday, April 17, 2017

one of my favorite falls. so beautiful. so easy and quick to get to

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

I love this place! Can't wait for warmer weather when wading in the water will be possible. Great place for the entire family

Friday, March 17, 2017

Such an easy hike. There is an overlook that is wheelchair accessible. But if you want to go to the bottom to see the full frame of view, you'll have to hike a short distance to the bottom. It's worth it!!!

Monday, March 06, 2017

very short trail....gorgeous. not sure but it may be a loop. we went across the creek instead of going down the blacktop trail.

Friday, July 07, 2017