Flat Lick Falls Trail

Flat Lick Falls Trail is a 0.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Mildred, Kentucky that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

very nice trail! for sure worth the short hike! don't forget your swimsuit because there's a nice swimming hole at the bottom.

We absolutely loved this trail and the falls was amazing. The first part of the trail is blacktop till you get to the observation deck at which point you can look down to see the waterfall. We then took the dirt trail- which is not marked, you have to leave the observation deck and head back where you came from. In a short distance you will see a dirt trail to your left, not hard to find but you have to look for it. From there this will lead you down to the bottom of the falls. There are lots of big rocks you have to walk down on which was kind of tricky for us since we had our 2 and 3 yr olds in tow but was doable. At one point you will cross a wooden bridge with the creek underneath, very pretty. As you keep walking you will also pass a small cave which was pretty cool. Once at the falls you can swim at the bottom or wade in the water. Lots of large rocks and bolders. The falls is so much more beautiful in person, I wanted to stay there forever taking pictures.
We visited this trail on a Monday so we saw a total of 4 people. There is a large covered picnic pavilion and really nice bathrooms. We saw maybe 4 campsites but there could have been more. Would definitely go back if close to the area. This trail is about 45 - 50 mins from Natural Bridge State Park which is also really nice.

Beautiful

Totally beautiful. I went after 2 days of some good rains (mid-July)and the water was rushing wonderfully. The paved trail is nice, but shorter than I like so I took the dirt trail that goes down the Creek a little ways. At the turn around point it is a little hard to find the trail again. If you put your back towards the water the Continuing trail is ahead of you slightly to the right. It almost doesn't even look like a trail for about 30', which is why it's hard to see. (thin and overgrown a bit) There is a large concrete slab just to the right of the trail to help you mark it. Once you go down that way there is actually a bridge that goes across the Creek. It takes you off of the trail maps trail but it follows along side the Creek up to the bottom of the falls just the same but it has an actual path you could walk on instead of having to go through the water for part of the time. The part of the hike off of the paved trail was amazing. Lots of cliff overhangs and beautiful scenery. It was mostly shaded and a very cool walk. You do actually have to follow the trail back and around to pick backup on the trail maps trail and get back to the paved trail. I had cell service the whole way. (Verizon) Definitely go!

We enjoyed this trail this morning. The blacktop path was nice but exploring the trails along the creek were the best!
Not your typical “hiking trail” but great for pictures and a cool dip in the pool below the falls.
Great parking and great starter hike for the little ones!

Really enjoyed this one. There was no one out and about for the most part the day we went. Hiked down the trails to the falls and swam underneath. very beautiful.

Worth the trip down to the base of the falls. Wish I had trunks to swim under the falls, around 14 feet deep. If you have a dog, they can get to the base of the falls without having to wade up stream. Go early morning and its empty.

Easy trail, great for families. Beautiful waterfall.

One of my favorite destinations in KY. this are is pretty easy hiking and at the right time the waterfall is simply magical. At it's trailhead there is a large picnic area. The trail is easy to follow and there are areas to set up campsites. The only downside to the place stems from the places visitors that obviously are unaware of the "leave no trace" concept. I went once after memorial day and there was trash littered everywhere.

One of the most beautiful places in Kentucky.

Gorgeous waterfall but the hike was very short...This would be great for someone who can’t hike far. To get to the lower part of the Falls you follow the path straight back and it will take you down to the water where you walk through the water back up to the lower part of the falls. We hung out for quite awhile. Very beautiful place with a peaceful ambiance to it. Definitely recommend it.

Easy to access via a paved trail. There's a dirt path that leads down to the creek and then back to the waterfall. Easy walk for my 4 and 8 year old.

Nice view. Only traveled the paved way down. Wasn't sure how to get to the lower part of the fall.

This place is beautiful. You can view the water fall from every angle. highly recommend!

Saturday, August 19, 2017

My 2 year old and I hiked this! It's sooo amazingly beautiful! The ledge down the creek bed to see the falls better was scary but its worth it!

Saturday, August 05, 2017

Great place to hike with two young boys. Not to mention all the childhood memories this place holds for me.

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Nice little hike. Very peaceful! We took our 16 month old and she loved it. There was only one hill we had to carry her down and she was able to walk the rest of the way. Short, easy trail.

Saturday, July 22, 2017

As teenagers before it became a actual trail, friends and I would go there to jump off falls! Great to see it get turned into a spot for everyone to enjoy!!

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Easy, well maintained blacktop trail leads to the gorgeous falls.

Friday, June 16, 2017

Beautiful but too crowded

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Easy trail

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Very scenic trail. The falls is pretty and the rest of the trail along the creek is worth the short hike as well. We took our 3 year old and she was able to walk most of the time. We will go back.

Monday, April 17, 2017

one of my favorite falls. so beautiful. so easy and quick to get to

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

I love this place! Can't wait for warmer weather when wading in the water will be possible. Great place for the entire family

Friday, March 17, 2017

Such an easy hike. There is an overlook that is wheelchair accessible. But if you want to go to the bottom to see the full frame of view, you'll have to hike a short distance to the bottom. It's worth it!!!

Monday, March 06, 2017

very short trail....gorgeous. not sure but it may be a loop. we went across the creek instead of going down the blacktop trail.