East and West Pinnacle

East and West Pinnacle is a 6.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Berea, Kentucky that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Took three kids (ages 14 - 6) and a dog to East Pinnacle. Moderate hike due to elevation change, but not tactically challenging. Nice views at the top. Moderate traffic on a Saturday afternoon. Would definitely go again.

Although this is a very popular hike, it was one of my least favorites. Lots of traffic on the trail and aside from the uphill trek at the start, it was fairly easy. If you haven't been to higher elevations with better views, you may enjoy this trip. There are a couple spots with pretty views.

Gorgeous hike. Decently hard, but well maintained and so many pretty views. Dog friendly as well.

Gorgeous views and a moderate hike. Great place to trail run or day hike.

We enjoyed the West Pinnacle today with friends. The trail is wide and gravel most of the way with more rocky terrain as you gain altitude. There are so steep portions but otherwise a moderate hike. Saw some wild flowers along the way. There’s an impressive rock formation at the top and a modest view. There’s not a ton of space to enjoy the view. We’ve heard the East Pinnacle has a better view. That’s where we’ll go next time!

This is my favorite place to be! It's so peaceful at the top.

A warm Sunday at Berea Pinnacles. Love exploring and seeing new sights. Very good views once you make the climb up to the ridges. I like to see the views in the fall, bet there gorgeous!

This wasn’t really what I would call a hike. Seemed more like a stroll through a park. Don’t get me wrong, there are some uphill trails that will get your legs and lungs working, but some of the overlooks weren’t that great. East Pinnacle had a bunch of trees blocking the view and there was broken glass scattered along most of the trails. Eagle’s Nest was a beautiful view of the area, though. These trails are highly trafficked. We went on a Sunday morning, and by noon, there were lots of people around. It’s a decent trail but nothing to spectacular.

Love this trail, beautiful views, variety of terrain and an easy hike. It can get crowded and hikers with dogs let them poop on the trails and some ignorant littering, otherwise it would've been a 4 star.

Moderate hike. Beautiful views for the payoff though. Well maintained. Great way to spend an afternoon.

Went up at dark and watched the sunrise from the Eagles Nest. Absolutely amazing!

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Awesome trail! A sassy cat followed us up to west pinnacle and Indian fort lookout and then followed another group of hikers back up as we were heading down. I hope he got back home to the berea auditorium!!!

Thursday, December 21, 2017

So beautiful!

Monday, December 11, 2017

beautiful trails! a good moderate hike! beautiful lookouts

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Brought my dog to hike with me and the views and moderate trails were well worth it! Can make a decent loop between the two pinnacles or indian lookout.

Sunday, September 24, 2017

This would be a full circle of the trails, seeing most of the look outs. There are shorter in and out options along the way.

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Parked at the Berea Arena Theater. Take the paved trail to the West Pinnacle Trailhead. Follow the trail markers to the West Pinnacle ridge. Then headed east towards Indian Fort Lookout. The view at the Indian Fort Lookout has a great view. The trail up was difficult, go slow and you will make it. Well worth the effort. Follow trail marker to the parking lot. At the main trail spur head West towards the West Pinnacle Trail Head. Take water and a snack. Hiking boots recommend. But don't let the lack of hiking boots stop you from enjoying this trail. DON'T litter! See you on the trails.

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Great hike! Awesome views! Eagles Nest trail was my fave!

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Beautiful well preserved forest with amazing views. Be on the lookout for the birds of prey, they would fly by me right before I could get the camera out and not come back :( lol

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

First time hiking any part of this trail and did it at night to watch for the meteor shower, we took the the Indian fort Lookout trail. For me that trail itself was pretty intense, straight up, it was so peaceful up there though, definitely take safety precautions. Now to go back during the day to do the East side.

Friday, August 04, 2017

Awesome views, great weather, and clearly defined trails. Very fun.

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

I would have given this trail a five star except that no one was picking up after their dogs, so quite frequently there was foul odor.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

take a little extra time at the top.

Friday, June 16, 2017

Really enjoyed hiking these trails. We saw a lot of wildlife which was an added benefit. Worth a visit

Friday, June 16, 2017

great hill workout close to home. Just go early weekdays due to people hiking

Saturday, June 10, 2017

This trail is fun to run asa hill workout. It can be very crowded at times.

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Hands down, my favorite hike in Kentucky. Both the East and West Pinnacles are absolutely stunning. My profile picture is a view from the East Pinnacle. Absolutely gorgeous, highly recommend. Maintained very well.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

This has been beyond the best hike and park I have hiked in thus far in central Kentucky. The initial hike begins with a steep uphill hike that takes you to a fork that reads "Indian outlook or west pinnacle", I took Indian outlook because it branches off to other parts that are easily accessible. The views are by far the best!!!!

Friday, April 28, 2017

Great trails. Beautiful views. We went on a Thursday and saw very few people. Highly recommend!!!!

Thursday, April 20, 2017

It's always really beautiful no matter what time of year it is. Eagles and great views at the top. I do not agree with it being "lightly trafficed" tho.. Every nice day the parking lot is full and there are masses of people getting outside. My advice is to hike in the rain.. they thin out greatly :)