East and West Pinnacle

East and West Pinnacle is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Berea, Kentucky that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Awesome trail! A sassy cat followed us up to west pinnacle and Indian fort lookout and then followed another group of hikers back up as we were heading down. I hope he got back home to the berea auditorium!!!

So beautiful!

beautiful trails! a good moderate hike! beautiful lookouts

Brought my dog to hike with me and the views and moderate trails were well worth it! Can make a decent loop between the two pinnacles or indian lookout.

This would be a full circle of the trails, seeing most of the look outs. There are shorter in and out options along the way.

Parked at the Berea Arena Theater. Take the paved trail to the West Pinnacle Trailhead. Follow the trail markers to the West Pinnacle ridge. Then headed east towards Indian Fort Lookout. The view at the Indian Fort Lookout has a great view. The trail up was difficult, go slow and you will make it. Well worth the effort. Follow trail marker to the parking lot. At the main trail spur head West towards the West Pinnacle Trail Head. Take water and a snack. Hiking boots recommend. But don't let the lack of hiking boots stop you from enjoying this trail. DON'T litter! See you on the trails.

Great hike! Awesome views! Eagles Nest trail was my fave!

Beautiful well preserved forest with amazing views. Be on the lookout for the birds of prey, they would fly by me right before I could get the camera out and not come back :( lol

First time hiking any part of this trail and did it at night to watch for the meteor shower, we took the the Indian fort Lookout trail. For me that trail itself was pretty intense, straight up, it was so peaceful up there though, definitely take safety precautions. Now to go back during the day to do the East side.

Awesome views, great weather, and clearly defined trails. Very fun.

I would have given this trail a five star except that no one was picking up after their dogs, so quite frequently there was foul odor.

take a little extra time at the top.

Really enjoyed hiking these trails. We saw a lot of wildlife which was an added benefit. Worth a visit

great hill workout close to home. Just go early weekdays due to people hiking

This trail is fun to run asa hill workout. It can be very crowded at times.

Hands down, my favorite hike in Kentucky. Both the East and West Pinnacles are absolutely stunning. My profile picture is a view from the East Pinnacle. Absolutely gorgeous, highly recommend. Maintained very well.

This has been beyond the best hike and park I have hiked in thus far in central Kentucky. The initial hike begins with a steep uphill hike that takes you to a fork that reads "Indian outlook or west pinnacle", I took Indian outlook because it branches off to other parts that are easily accessible. The views are by far the best!!!!

Great trails. Beautiful views. We went on a Thursday and saw very few people. Highly recommend!!!!

It's always really beautiful no matter what time of year it is. Eagles and great views at the top. I do not agree with it being "lightly trafficed" tho.. Every nice day the parking lot is full and there are masses of people getting outside. My advice is to hike in the rain.. they thin out greatly :)

Beautiful hike. Steep in places. Well kept trail.