East and West Pinnacle

East and West Pinnacle is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Berea, Kentucky that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Went up at dark and watched the sunrise from the Eagles Nest. Absolutely amazing!

Awesome trail! A sassy cat followed us up to west pinnacle and Indian fort lookout and then followed another group of hikers back up as we were heading down. I hope he got back home to the berea auditorium!!!

So beautiful!

beautiful trails! a good moderate hike! beautiful lookouts

Brought my dog to hike with me and the views and moderate trails were well worth it! Can make a decent loop between the two pinnacles or indian lookout.

This would be a full circle of the trails, seeing most of the look outs. There are shorter in and out options along the way.

Parked at the Berea Arena Theater. Take the paved trail to the West Pinnacle Trailhead. Follow the trail markers to the West Pinnacle ridge. Then headed east towards Indian Fort Lookout. The view at the Indian Fort Lookout has a great view. The trail up was difficult, go slow and you will make it. Well worth the effort. Follow trail marker to the parking lot. At the main trail spur head West towards the West Pinnacle Trail Head. Take water and a snack. Hiking boots recommend. But don't let the lack of hiking boots stop you from enjoying this trail. DON'T litter! See you on the trails.

Great hike! Awesome views! Eagles Nest trail was my fave!

Beautiful well preserved forest with amazing views. Be on the lookout for the birds of prey, they would fly by me right before I could get the camera out and not come back :( lol

First time hiking any part of this trail and did it at night to watch for the meteor shower, we took the the Indian fort Lookout trail. For me that trail itself was pretty intense, straight up, it was so peaceful up there though, definitely take safety precautions. Now to go back during the day to do the East side.

Awesome views, great weather, and clearly defined trails. Very fun.

I would have given this trail a five star except that no one was picking up after their dogs, so quite frequently there was foul odor.

take a little extra time at the top.

Really enjoyed hiking these trails. We saw a lot of wildlife which was an added benefit. Worth a visit

great hill workout close to home. Just go early weekdays due to people hiking

This trail is fun to run asa hill workout. It can be very crowded at times.

Hands down, my favorite hike in Kentucky. Both the East and West Pinnacles are absolutely stunning. My profile picture is a view from the East Pinnacle. Absolutely gorgeous, highly recommend. Maintained very well.

This has been beyond the best hike and park I have hiked in thus far in central Kentucky. The initial hike begins with a steep uphill hike that takes you to a fork that reads "Indian outlook or west pinnacle", I took Indian outlook because it branches off to other parts that are easily accessible. The views are by far the best!!!!

Great trails. Beautiful views. We went on a Thursday and saw very few people. Highly recommend!!!!

Thursday, April 20, 2017

It's always really beautiful no matter what time of year it is. Eagles and great views at the top. I do not agree with it being "lightly trafficed" tho.. Every nice day the parking lot is full and there are masses of people getting outside. My advice is to hike in the rain.. they thin out greatly :)

Sunday, April 09, 2017

Beautiful hike. Steep in places. Well kept trail.

Monday, March 06, 2017

The trails are pretty nice and open. The look outs are great! We just went so there are no leafs on the trees. But just watching all the hawks and eagles Was well worth it!

Monday, February 27, 2017

Great trails!

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Love all the trails on the Pinnacles. most people do not refer to this as Berea Forest Trail. The Pinnacles. you can take different trails and hike as much as you would like. Beautiful overlooks on all sides. you can put in around 6 miles if you hike all the major trails. Love it here! moderate with a few areas of more moderate.

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Great place to take your k-9 to exert so energy. plan on giving him or her a bath when you get home if you go on a wet day. Beautiful hike and a little challenging at some spots. Definitely will return.

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Love this location. They have made some recent changes to close one of the trail heads from the main entrance but you can still access the main trails. There are trail options for all endurance levels to enjoy the beauty. East Pinnacle is the main attraction and can be crowded. I was not able to enjoy the full view from the West Pinnacle because it involved some climbing and I was pleased anyway.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

great trails. I will be back!

Friday, August 12, 2016

My son and I along with our dog hiked this area today. The steep climbs are trying but short. There is abundant shade which makes it cooler than it actually is. The views are good but maybe not great. There was little traffic on the trails with maybe passing one other group on each of the legs. Our dog, albeit young and athletic, had no trouble and was the only canine seen. There was a little bit of trash around. Trails are in great shape. I would recommend it and likely do I this area again.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Great trails in all and very nice views from overlook! I would recommend this spot to everyone!!!

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Great set of trails, with some steep areas that our dogs had a hard time with. Lots of places to sit in the shade and enjoy the views with snacks or lunch. There are NO restrooms anywhere in the parking or hiking area though!! Decent amount of litter and some of the overlooks need a trim of overgrowth too unfortunately. . .