Learn more

Eagle Scout Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Nancy, Kentucky that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.8 miles Elevation Gain: 239 feet Route Type: Loop

recorded Eagle Scout Trail

Perfect day and trail hike.

Gorgeous place, Was worth the walk. Very scenic. We done the easy trail.

bridge out

Lot of trees down but it’s pretty lake view. It more space to walk with my children. It’s easier trail ever I had for a while.

Great trail for the whole family. There are some nice views of the lake. Some of these lake views offer easy hammock placement if you are looking to just chill with nature.

The trail is exactly as advertised...moderate. It’s mostly wooded but the path was easy to spot. It was a bit light compared to other hikes I’ve taken but would still recommend.

bridge out

Great trail. We took all four of our kids ranging from 5-16, along with our dog. Everyone had a great time. A gentleman told us that the bridge was kinda sketchy so we turned around before we got there but all in all it was a lot of fun!

Very muddy today

so I went back in the summer and our whole goal was to make it to the suspension bridge and we decided to take a short cut through a hard trail and we couldnt go through it because a bridge was out and there was no way to cross and we seen no sign saying it was out or anything but other than that I liked it and we did make it to the suspension bridge

Well marked trails. Beautiful scenery.

All the way to Porter Suspension Bridge and back, had to cross creek through water and suspension bridge is off track on far end (see pic). Fun adventure!

Well marked, beautiful trails. It was about 3 miles (didnt start timer at beginning) took Lakeview, Yellowjacket, Cliff Overlook, Hamby Hollow to Natural Amphithetre Overlook then backtracked out switching to Lowline, T-Bone and finally Raven Run to the trailhead.

I would recommend this trail for anyone. Beautiful views and fun for the little guys. Awesome for mountain bikers.

great trail system. one of the best mark systems ive been on. family friendly as well. not really a back country kind of hike but still fun on a nice day like today.

This trail network is much bigger than the All Trails map shows. I uploaded a picture of the newest trails. Trails range from easy to rugged. Something for everyone. Trails are well maintained with rolling hills, wooptie doos, bridges, and a few creek crossings. A+.

Beautiful, well-kept and well-marked trails. I went out for a trail run and with a combination of Lakeview, Yellow Jacket, Hamby Hollow, Hamby Cutoff, Hamby Hollow, Low Line, Back Door, Playhouse, Hercules, Tbone and Lakeview Trail circle ended up with 4.4 miles. Very rarely will you see such well-marked trails. You can't get lost. No big views, but a few creek crossings and nicely shaded for a hot day. If I am in the area, I'll go back there again. You can run/hike many more miles and can get quite creative with some easy and hard options. I would take a picture of the trail map at the beginning of the trail though because with all the options it's hard to remember which path to take. Also, there are bathrooms at the trail head!

Take a picture of the trail map, we did the easy trail but this trail crosses the medium and hard trail, there are two places that you can get confused so refer to your map as you cross the main points of contact - once you leave the bench you will take the hard trail for about.3 miles and you have to cross the creek - tricky climb down and you will see the wooden rail on the other side, once you get up there go left until you get to the green yellow jacket trail

Easy to moderate trails. Been several times and switch up the trails with every trip. Mostly shaded

Wed Jun 26 2019

Sun Jun 02 2019

This was a very well kept and low traffic trail. We were very pleased with conditions. It is shaded for the vast majority of the trials. They weren’t to difficult. It can be difficult to find the trail head. We thought we were on the trail for a while but actually we were on the frisbee golf course. Haha.

Thu May 16 2019

Did about 4 miles green and black trails. Bridge out, a little mud, and some blowdowns. Missed the spring wildflowers I guess. Saw a couple of guys on bikes and one hiker. Very clean trail. Enjoyed!

Tue Apr 30 2019

One of my favorites.

Fri Apr 12 2019

Perfect way to enjoy a hike and some solitude if you live in the Somerset area and want something close by! Some trails are very flat and some can be pretty steep. Our dogs love walking on the trails, and there’s some running creeks throughout for them to play in or have a quick drink. It’s a little easy to get lost if you don’t have the map pulled up on your phone.

Sat Feb 02 2019

Sat Sep 15 2018

Nice, clean, peaceful trail. Good for hiking or biking.

Sat Aug 18 2018

Very well maintained trails. Lots of options to go much longer than the posted trail length with beautiful scenery of lake and bridges over several streams. Also great variety of difficulty that is marked appropriately. I'll def be making this a regular spot!

Fri Aug 10 2018

good place to hike with my dog. not usually a lot of people there.