Eagle Glen Pet Trail

Eagle Glen Pet Trail is a 0.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Henderson, Kentucky that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The Eagle Glen Pet Trail is a 1 mile loop trail that wanders through a dense urban forest with steep climbs through ravines and hilltops. The trail is more rugged and picturesque then the name implies.

On our trip to Audubon Park with our dog we happened across this trail. It was what we hoped would be a great start to a day of hiking. Sadly this was the only trail in the park that allowed dogs. Not a bad hike but we like to spend more time when we visit. Not sure why they restrict dogs on the other trails.

Awesome change in elevation, well maintained trails. Short but strenuous

This trail is short but fairly difficult. Very steep hills with a lot of tree roots. Watch for ticks in warm weather.

This trail is a little bit of a workout with the hills. I've hiked this trail several times over 5 years and I have always come across other people on the trail. The rain washes away the dirt and makes the trail more challenging on the hills. Warning: not everyone keeps their dogs on leashes so pay attention, especially around the corners.

Easy for kids and dogs.

Monday, May 15, 2017

I really enjoyed this trail. My dog loved it as well.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

First trail and it was so much fun! The steepness of hike surprised and excited me.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Steep spots... too brief

Friday, October 21, 2016

Very short trail so not worth a special drive out of your way, but if you happen to be in Henderson, KY. During a portion, it does have a very steep stairway. Always have to catch my breath after it.

Friday, May 17, 2013

This is one of the most overlooked trails at Audubon park. Especially if you are looking for a quick workout. Although short it has some pretty strenuous hills and steps to climb. Not very scenic but at the top there is a couple places overlooking hwy 41. Nice little trail. Can be slippery going downhill in areas when it's rained.

Thursday, September 06, 2012

Overall I enjoyed this short pet trail. I wish that the trail had been longer but overall it was a good work out for myself and my friends dogs that came along. There are some serious hill climbs so if you have bad knees I do not suggest this trail. The views at the top of the trail are well worth the effort

Sunday, March 04, 2012

The trail is better than the name implies. It is an urban trail that is heavily wooded with steep inclines. Has a nice overview of the river valley midpoint on the trail.

Saturday, July 01, 2017