Eagle Falls Trail

Eagle Falls Trail is a 1.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Parkers Lake, Kentucky that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

The falls are awesome after a day or two of rain.

wonderful trail. Lots of stairs, but we'll worth it to see Eagle Falls. climb the big boulders at Eagle Falls to get the BEST view of Cumberland Falls!!! Did the loop and we're glad we did as we avoided quite a few hikers going to the falls

We LOVED this trail! We went the day after it rained a lot but we were still able to access the last stair case that leads to the falls. Beautiful views. If you’ve never been, there are a lot of stairs, so be prepared.

Don't bother with the loop, just hike out and back. It is less than a mile to the falls and gives you a good stair step workout. You basically climb up to an amazing view of inspiring Cumberland Falls and climb back down to the beautiful Eagle Falls. Take your time and explore around the falls. Then hike the mile back. It is a great short day hike.

Easy hike, good place to swim in the summer.

Rates more than moderate with the endless stairs, and irregular rock climbs. Watch for low overhang headaches.See it at this time of year because many of the gorge views will be gone once the leaves erupt.

watch for the last set of stairs, they can be sketchy.

Would have given it a 5 if Eagle Falls had been accessible it wasn’t accessible due to high water levels. Nicely maintained trail and gives you great views of the Cumberland Falls.

Beautiful hike and waterfall. Play in the river. Great time. Good hike for kids but watch young kids with the steep drops trails edge. I’ve seen many adults struggle on the hills. If your used to hiking this is easy.

Love love love this place! Strenuous hike but great exercise. There are some steps that were pretty tough but we just took out time. Seems to be pretty crowded through summer months, very popular place. Fun to explore and highly recommend it.

quiet on new yrs eve but fun to walk under icicles and go to base of the falls. some up and down. nice view of cumberland falls.

It was pretty challenging but a really great view of the large fall and small one. Just be ready to climb a lot of stairs.

Beautiful trail. Hiking poles helpful.

This is a great hike that is not too long but does have some very steep parts. It is well marked and has stone steps, wood steps and even steep steel steps near the falls. Beautiful woods and waterfalls although I think there could be nice places that if some brush was cleared would make more great views. We did this at the beginning of November and the leaves were a beautiful mix of colors.

The waterfall was beautiful and you can see Cumberland Falls on the way to Eagle Falls. The hike isn't very long but it's a decent trek. Enjoy.

Beautiful trail and also challenging in parts. Besides the falls, the forest is very rain forest like.

I was a little hesitant to go on this trail as a novice hiker after reading that it was pretty hard but I am so glad I did. It really was not as bad as some of the other people explained. There are a lot of stairs and steep inclines but it's balanced well with flat areas and declines. The view of eagle falls and the Cumberland Falls at the end is so worth it, it's gorgeous! We stayed down there for about an hour and swam in the water. Definitely recommend!!

Great hiking trail with a beautiful waterfall at the end. Take the loop to add more to the hike. Several views of Cumberland Falls from the begging of the trail. The trail can get busy at certain times of the year and parking can be limited during these times.

After the falls take the longer side of the loop. It's longer but earlier terrain.

The trail is a good hike, tail well marked, great views, and trail is very clean. You will work on this trail, steps and climb over rocks to see the falls. the additional loop is a great hike, most do not do the loop and there are some quite place along the trail to just hang out and enjoy the day in the woods.

Strenuous, steep hike. I would not recommend bringing your dog to this trail as there are some very steep spots and cliff edges with no railings. The stairs at the end to get to Eagle Falls are very steep and once you reach the bottom you have to climb around large rocks to get to the falls. Otherwise, the views are definitely worth the hike despite the trail being VERY busy. But you are able to see a great view of Cumberland Falls and Eagle Falls.

Moderate is perfect rating for this trail. The initial uphill wasn't so bad, but the climb back up from the falls was brutal. I was only carrying a camelback and my calves could feel the burn. Beautiful views of Cumberland Falls and Angel Falls. Nice rock formations and some ledges to maneuver around. Very enjoyable hike. Several short side trails going off of it. Well marked.

Beautiful views but it's not a moderate hike. 2 days later and my legs are still burning! Strenuous to say the least. ALOT of steps and I wouldn't recommend the loop to rookie hikers.

Beautiful!!! But very strenuous. Not for people with knee problems!!! There are 5 million steps.

I hiked the loop with a 4 year old. The first and last 4 10ths were rough to say the least. The rest was Very nice, we absolutely loved it. will definitely hike again.

Mr. Koontz's review is spot on. This is definitely on the upper end of moderate and parts can be a bit treacherous as one 73 year old man found out when he took a tumble down the narrow stair steps leading down to the falls. He was obviously shaken but ok though the ranger that came to his aid said this trail frequently trips up novice hikers as there are several steep inclines and a few slippery rocks. Please make sure you're wearing proper footwear. We saw some foolish people in flip flops. The flora and fauna are beautiful on the loop and the falls are very pretty.

beautiful

This is a great short hike. Great view of Cumberland Falls from high upon the cliff. Eagle Falls is beautiful to say the least. At the bottom of the falls there is a very cool swimming hole. We did the 1.9 mile loop. I met a lady running the trail, which seemed impossible to a middle age man with a defibrillator. I do a lot of hiking though and would say only the fittest of individuals would consider this trail moderate. I believe because of the 5 major ascents and descents along with very rocky trail sections this trail should be rated as difficult imo. We saw very little trash on the trail. One dirty diaper was in plain view though. Mostly pristine conditions on the trail which tells me someone is keeping the place clean. We saw a medium sized copperhead but he was not interested in us as he came trucking by at a good pace and kept on trucking.