Eagle Falls Trail

Eagle Falls Trail is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Parkers Lake, Kentucky that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Beautiful views but it's not a moderate hike. 2 days later and my legs are still burning! Strenuous to say the least. ALOT of steps and I wouldn't recommend the loop to rookie hikers.

Beautiful!!! But very strenuous. Not for people with knee problems!!! There are 5 million steps.

I hiked the loop with a 4 year old. The first and last 4 10ths were rough to say the least. The rest was Very nice, we absolutely loved it. will definitely hike again.

Mr. Koontz's review is spot on. This is definitely on the upper end of moderate and parts can be a bit treacherous as one 73 year old man found out when he took a tumble down the narrow stair steps leading down to the falls. He was obviously shaken but ok though the ranger that came to his aid said this trail frequently trips up novice hikers as there are several steep inclines and a few slippery rocks. Please make sure you're wearing proper footwear. We saw some foolish people in flip flops. The flora and fauna are beautiful on the loop and the falls are very pretty.

beautiful

This is a great short hike. Great view of Cumberland Falls from high upon the cliff. Eagle Falls is beautiful to say the least. At the bottom of the falls there is a very cool swimming hole. We did the 1.9 mile loop. I met a lady running the trail, which seemed impossible to a middle age man with a defibrillator. I do a lot of hiking though and would say only the fittest of individuals would consider this trail moderate. I believe because of the 5 major ascents and descents along with very rocky trail sections this trail should be rated as difficult imo. We saw very little trash on the trail. One dirty diaper was in plain view though. Mostly pristine conditions on the trail which tells me someone is keeping the place clean. We saw a medium sized copperhead but he was not interested in us as he came trucking by at a good pace and kept on trucking.

This is a great trail we will definitely do again. Next time we will bring out swimming suits. We hiked this with our 4 and 6 year old kids. Definitely a good cardio workout with all the ups and downs. Nice views of the river as well. Look forward to taking my other children on this hike.

Great trail. Took two 6 year olds and a 7 year old. Good swimming hole at the end, though crowded. Lots of shelter when the torrential rains hit. Great views along the river.

Stunning views of Cumberland Falls and many interesting rock ledges lead to one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Kentucky. This is a must-do hike.

Great view of the Cumberland Falls. The tail was clear did not have to worry about poison ivy.

beautiful waterfall. eagle lake with snowcapped mountains look peaceful and gorgeous!
trail is rocky and challenging.
parking lot is a bit crowded.

The kids had a lot of fun and the scenery could be beautiful. Sadly, the place is a mess- used tampons, toilet paper, chip bags, water bottles...really gross. The amount of broken glass was impressive, and not in a good way.

This is a fun trail that is well maintained. I went yesterday and ran the trail. There are quite a few teens that visit the area in the summer time so you have to be careful with young ones. Over all great trail.