Eagle Falls Trail

Eagle Falls Trail is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Parkers Lake, Kentucky that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Great hiking trail with a beautiful waterfall at the end. Take the loop to add more to the hike. Several views of Cumberland Falls from the begging of the trail. The trail can get busy at certain times of the year and parking can be limited during these times.

After the falls take the longer side of the loop. It's longer but earlier terrain.

The trail is a good hike, tail well marked, great views, and trail is very clean. You will work on this trail, steps and climb over rocks to see the falls. the additional loop is a great hike, most do not do the loop and there are some quite place along the trail to just hang out and enjoy the day in the woods.

Strenuous, steep hike. I would not recommend bringing your dog to this trail as there are some very steep spots and cliff edges with no railings. The stairs at the end to get to Eagle Falls are very steep and once you reach the bottom you have to climb around large rocks to get to the falls. Otherwise, the views are definitely worth the hike despite the trail being VERY busy. But you are able to see a great view of Cumberland Falls and Eagle Falls.

Moderate is perfect rating for this trail. The initial uphill wasn't so bad, but the climb back up from the falls was brutal. I was only carrying a camelback and my calves could feel the burn. Beautiful views of Cumberland Falls and Angel Falls. Nice rock formations and some ledges to maneuver around. Very enjoyable hike. Several short side trails going off of it. Well marked.

Beautiful views but it's not a moderate hike. 2 days later and my legs are still burning! Strenuous to say the least. ALOT of steps and I wouldn't recommend the loop to rookie hikers.

Beautiful!!! But very strenuous. Not for people with knee problems!!! There are 5 million steps.

I hiked the loop with a 4 year old. The first and last 4 10ths were rough to say the least. The rest was Very nice, we absolutely loved it. will definitely hike again.

Mr. Koontz's review is spot on. This is definitely on the upper end of moderate and parts can be a bit treacherous as one 73 year old man found out when he took a tumble down the narrow stair steps leading down to the falls. He was obviously shaken but ok though the ranger that came to his aid said this trail frequently trips up novice hikers as there are several steep inclines and a few slippery rocks. Please make sure you're wearing proper footwear. We saw some foolish people in flip flops. The flora and fauna are beautiful on the loop and the falls are very pretty.

beautiful

This is a great short hike. Great view of Cumberland Falls from high upon the cliff. Eagle Falls is beautiful to say the least. At the bottom of the falls there is a very cool swimming hole. We did the 1.9 mile loop. I met a lady running the trail, which seemed impossible to a middle age man with a defibrillator. I do a lot of hiking though and would say only the fittest of individuals would consider this trail moderate. I believe because of the 5 major ascents and descents along with very rocky trail sections this trail should be rated as difficult imo. We saw very little trash on the trail. One dirty diaper was in plain view though. Mostly pristine conditions on the trail which tells me someone is keeping the place clean. We saw a medium sized copperhead but he was not interested in us as he came trucking by at a good pace and kept on trucking.

This is a great trail we will definitely do again. Next time we will bring out swimming suits. We hiked this with our 4 and 6 year old kids. Definitely a good cardio workout with all the ups and downs. Nice views of the river as well. Look forward to taking my other children on this hike.

Great trail. Took two 6 year olds and a 7 year old. Good swimming hole at the end, though crowded. Lots of shelter when the torrential rains hit. Great views along the river.