Eagle Falls Trail

Eagle Falls Trail is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Parkers Lake, Kentucky that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Beautiful trail and also challenging in parts. Besides the falls, the forest is very rain forest like.

I was a little hesitant to go on this trail as a novice hiker after reading that it was pretty hard but I am so glad I did. It really was not as bad as some of the other people explained. There are a lot of stairs and steep inclines but it's balanced well with flat areas and declines. The view of eagle falls and the Cumberland Falls at the end is so worth it, it's gorgeous! We stayed down there for about an hour and swam in the water. Definitely recommend!!

Great hiking trail with a beautiful waterfall at the end. Take the loop to add more to the hike. Several views of Cumberland Falls from the begging of the trail. The trail can get busy at certain times of the year and parking can be limited during these times.

After the falls take the longer side of the loop. It's longer but earlier terrain.

The trail is a good hike, tail well marked, great views, and trail is very clean. You will work on this trail, steps and climb over rocks to see the falls. the additional loop is a great hike, most do not do the loop and there are some quite place along the trail to just hang out and enjoy the day in the woods.

Strenuous, steep hike. I would not recommend bringing your dog to this trail as there are some very steep spots and cliff edges with no railings. The stairs at the end to get to Eagle Falls are very steep and once you reach the bottom you have to climb around large rocks to get to the falls. Otherwise, the views are definitely worth the hike despite the trail being VERY busy. But you are able to see a great view of Cumberland Falls and Eagle Falls.

Moderate is perfect rating for this trail. The initial uphill wasn't so bad, but the climb back up from the falls was brutal. I was only carrying a camelback and my calves could feel the burn. Beautiful views of Cumberland Falls and Angel Falls. Nice rock formations and some ledges to maneuver around. Very enjoyable hike. Several short side trails going off of it. Well marked.

Beautiful views but it's not a moderate hike. 2 days later and my legs are still burning! Strenuous to say the least. ALOT of steps and I wouldn't recommend the loop to rookie hikers.

Beautiful!!! But very strenuous. Not for people with knee problems!!! There are 5 million steps.

I hiked the loop with a 4 year old. The first and last 4 10ths were rough to say the least. The rest was Very nice, we absolutely loved it. will definitely hike again.

Mr. Koontz's review is spot on. This is definitely on the upper end of moderate and parts can be a bit treacherous as one 73 year old man found out when he took a tumble down the narrow stair steps leading down to the falls. He was obviously shaken but ok though the ranger that came to his aid said this trail frequently trips up novice hikers as there are several steep inclines and a few slippery rocks. Please make sure you're wearing proper footwear. We saw some foolish people in flip flops. The flora and fauna are beautiful on the loop and the falls are very pretty.

beautiful