Double Arch Trail

Double Arch Trail is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Stanton, Kentucky that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

One of my favs. Lovely hike with amazing views.

The first 1.25 miles is a little boring, because you are walking on a gravel path. The whole hike is definitely worth the end result. Double Arch is an amazing Arch in the Gorge, and the view from the top of the arch are spectacular. You get a great view of Courthouse Rock and Auxier Ridge.

Wonderful hike!

Took my GSD here looking for a fairly challenging trail with good views. I truly enjoyed it. Lots of roots and rocks so perhaps not ideal for trail running (atleast for me because I'm a klutz) but it was great for hiking. The traffic wasn't heavy and fellow hikers were friendly. I would reccomend pants and lots of water as there is a bit of growth in places and it was about 80°f and my pup and I went through 2 liters easily.

Beautiful!!!

was beautiful..

Great views from the top.

Monday, November 07, 2016

Great hiking trail. First part is gravel road, but then you start your way on to the arch. If you climb a little you can make it up on top of the double arch and the view is incredible!

Monday, October 24, 2016

First part of the trail is gravel. Trail is well maintained. Very busy, including lots of dogs. Mostly well behaved but several people who didn't think leash laws applied, and with many steep drop offs and cliffs, very un safe.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Very nice view at the arch!

Sunday, September 25, 2016

A great afternoon hike! Dry conditions and not super crowded (although the parking area at the trailhead was). Hiked out and back with older kids and beagle on leash. A fantastic end point at double arch!

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Incredible views for the arches. You can go on the arches. Combined with Auxier, this was a killer workout. Loved it.

Monday, April 11, 2016

Trail was great

Monday, August 31, 2015

Hiked in July as part of my first backpacking outing. Beautiful views...hung out for a while in awe of my surroundings. Lots of people on the trails. Several people has their dogs. Had a great time and would hike it again!

Monday, July 06, 2015

We rode out a major storm under the arch wich was a good time, good hike, great view frome top and some super camp camp spots . Red River Gorge has a lot of terrific Trails, cant wait to go during the fall and winter .The rock climbing and repelling is the best in the area.

Saturday, July 04, 2015

Easy to find driving. Trail is a little long, but relatively easy. I believe there was some shimmying required in certain spots. You can see the Double Arch along the way from a distance, but not so much when you're up close. The top view is very similar to the Natural Bridge. You can look straight through the Arch like a window once you're on your way to the top. Lots of subtle extras here & there, such as rock formations on the trail and on the Arch itself. (One that looks like a snake head, another looks almost volcanic) There's a completely sideways tree growing off a cliff as another quirky extra. This is one you can keep coming back to.

Saturday, May 30, 2015

It was a moderately tough trail to hike. The views from the arch and on top are great. Auxier ridge and courthouse rock are great views.

Friday, January 16, 2015

Have I mentioned I love Red River Gorge? I always hike double arch, auxier and courthouse rock. Map says 7 miles....but...it's really closer to 10. Great views, some steep inclines, and as always, rock ledges so no small kids! Always bring snacks and waters.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Very cool hike! Started on the double arch, then took courthouse rock trail, then auxier ridge trail back to the parking lot. Just under 7 miles round trip, lots of elevation, so take snacks and plenty of water with you. Some beautiful sights at the double arch as well as the top of courthouse rock!

Wednesday, June 04, 2014

This was a great hike. It was a rainy morning but quit about the time we started our hike. Did the Double Arch Trail and then took the Auxier Bridge Trail to Courthouse Rock. From there we returned on the Courthouse Rock Trail. The Double Arch Trail was a fairly easy to moderate hike. It was a muddy day when we were there and we had to cross a few small streams but not bad. Loved the trip up to the Arch and. Don't forget to say hi to Fred, or Sake Head Rock as some call him, on your way there. To the right of the Arch there are steps carved into the rock so you can climb to the top. These can be tricky as the first step is a tall one but we were glad we made the effort. Happy Trails !!!